What's new

The Games we play...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
I had the pleasure of watching Nic and Stone Cold play GTA this evening. Nic was alright, seemed more intent on prostitutes and strippers so she could look at boobs, but Stone Cold was ALL fingers and thumbs, watching him use an xbox controller was hilarious.

Was this GTAV? I would imagine Richard going straight onto the stock market section and hurling obscenities as he loses money by accidentally destroying several vans from the company he invested in...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm doing since beta testing for a well known company play testing some things. I have to say that I can't actually say anything. Thanks for listening ;) :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Cities: Skylines.

It is most of what we wanted SimCity 2013 to be, but without the silly DRM. It also has an active modding community.

It might not be as pretty as SC2013 on a detail level, but it allows you to create some pretty awesome-looking cities, and the available area to build on is roughly ten times bigger than the doormat you were given in SimCity. Can be scaled to 80 times the size with mods, but at that point your computer might start asking you for mercy. Also, its traffic simulation is apparently good enough that I've heard university professors recommending it to their students to explain certain traffic management terms. I've had a lot of fun with it in the past few weeks, although it's getting noticeable that my computer isn't among the newest out there any more, especially as my cities grow to 80-100k inhabitants and there are thousands of cars on the roads at any time.

By the way, did I mention that it costs less than half of what SC2013 did?

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
So I bought GTA V 2 weeks ago and so far, Its a great game. Story is great and the graphics are excellent. Not to mention the multiplayer which is pure fun.

I'm thinking about buying Shovel Knight. Any feedback?

Hutch

Strata Poster
I recently installed Steam on my computer and started playing Team Fortress 2. I was never really into FPS's before but so far I'm really enjoying this. The cartoon style is probably my favorite thing about it. Unfortunately my school blocks the online servers so for now I'm stuck with playing (practicing) offline. :p But that's fine anyway because I'd probably get my butt handed to me on online anyway. :lol:

Cities Skylines looks like my kind of game, so I may look into that next in the future.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Has anyone played the PT / demo for the new silent hill game being made? I like my horror games and have to say this PT was the most gripped I've ever been when it comes jump scare games. The game is free to download on the playstation store.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Just checked and you are right! Sucks really I was looking forward to silent hill :( just looked and apparently ps4's with pt installed are selling on eBay aha

Intricks

Strata Poster
Double post but whatevs. Decided to join into a few early access games on Steam, and jumped into both Lego World and ARK: Survival Evolved.

Lego World is the same as minecraft, BUT YOU CAN PAINT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU WANT! Plus it had a goat, that I smacked. Twas good fun.

Next up is Ark: Survival Evolved. It has dinosaurs in it that you can eventually tame. So I can ride upon a deadly velociraptor like my trusty war stead into battle and just rip **** up, OR I can tame a Tyrannosaurus Rex and make him go Lost World on some folks. Granted, getting to those points will probably involve a lot of knifing, and maybe my death several hundred times...BUT I WILL PREVAIL!

Pierre

Strata Poster
E3 key points I've noticed from wearily browsing through IGN and Twitter this morning!

Tomb Raider looks **** amazing, its a shame its an Xbox exclusive, first time ever I've wanted a game on the Xbox.
Halo 5 - This IP has been dragged across three generations of Xbox now, lets come up with something new guys...
Recore - When I said something new, I didn't mean Halo dressed up in another IP!
Backwards Compatibility - Brilliant from Microsoft. With regards to hardware, PS4 had the stronger launch but have rested on it. Microsoft have learned from the mistakes, price dropped big time and improved the hardware capabilities.

Call of Duty Exclusivity moving to PS4 - Still a big IP but worried about how much money Sony have paid for this instead of investing in newer, innovative things.
Uncharted 4 - DROOOOOLL! Amazing!
The Last Guardian - Undecided, gameplay clip was quite basic, design looked beautiful though
Destiny Exclusive Content - Nothing for me, terrible game but understand the enormous audience it will capture
Hitman - Never played one, can't comment
Media Player - About time, no reason at all this shouldn't have been with the PS4 at launch

Other

South Park sequel, yes! Had to play the last one on PC due to 'next-gen' port.
Unravel - this looks absolutely amazing and is probably the game I am most excited about after Uncharted 4.

Interested to see what Nintendo bring.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
FFVII remake, Last Guardian and Dark Souls III. What a time to be alive. FFVII's announcement made me cry.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Didn't know it was a timed exclusive I watched the video on IGN from Microsofts presser and it just said 'Xbox Exclusive'.

I skipped FFXII as I've never played (or had the desire to play) any of them.

Shenmue shouldn't have been promoted at E3 as a kickstarter project IMO. Good platform for the guys developing but if Sony believed in them that much fund it themselves.

nealbie

CF Legend
The Shenmue thing is more the creator only wants to do it if people want him to do it, hence the kickstarter.

Horizon Zero Dawn was the biggest surprise of last night. Post apocalyptic/dystopian open world with robot dinosaurs. What more could you want? <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:
Didn't know it was a timed exclusive I watched the video on IGN from Microsofts presser and it just said 'Xbox Exclusive'.

It's almost as though they wanted to mislead people... [/cynic] :p

spicy

Giga Poster
Shenmue 3 is a game I will definitely buy. They should just fund it themselves though, there is clearly a huge demand for it. Hope it goes ahead and looks promising.

Although this is a game that could never live up to the huge hype surrounding it and things have moved on a long way since the original Shenmue's in terms of game play. If they keep the same game play I think people will be disappointed unless you are a die hard fan that loved the originals.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I began playing Big Pharma, a great drug(Pharmaceuticals) making tycoon/business sim. It's confusing at first, but once you know how to do it, it's a very fun game. It has the isometric tile-based gameplay of the early tycoons, but in 60 FPS goodness.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk