What's new

The Games we play...

peep

CF Legend
So been playing Guitar Hero Live recently again and yesterday they made a big update. They added a third channel to the TV section of the game and for the first 5 days it's 4 (or 5?) ridiculous songs on a loop. By ridiculous, I mean, button mashing central. They introduced the classic "Through the fire and the flames" by Dragonforce. I used to think that was pretty hard in the old generation but with all these extra combinations I now feel like it's impossible to get even near 80%.

Overall I'm still loving it, it's just a much better game compared to the previous versions.

Fraser789

Roller Poster
I've been playing the new Need For Speed game on xbox one the past few days. I was a massive fan of the underground games years ago and this is quite similar. I was put off by the poor reviews at first but it's quite an addictive game and I'm enjoying it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Does anyone here play Bloodborne, or are interested in getting it now that it's on sale on PSN? I think I'm going to buy it and I wanted to know if anyone here would be interested in co-op online play.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

nealbie

CF Legend
Nintendo have rereleased Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow for the 20th Anniversary (yeah, it's totally, officially no longer a fad by now) and last night I caught a Mew after discovering the Cerulean City Easter Egg is still active! <3

Sandman

Giga Poster
I just can't stop playing The Last Of Us online. Goddamn it, this is what an online action/adventure shooter experience should be.
Also looking forward to Naughty Dog's next big release, Uncharted 4.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I found a love for 2 games that are more board game-esque. Firstly, Secret Hitler(a mod for Tabletop Simulator is available) is a great secret role/party game. It was made by the co-creator of Cards Against Humanity, so it's sure to be fun. Secondly, Gremlins Inc. is a turn-based strategy game, and is almost a mix of Monopoly and D&D. Highly recommended for people who have 30-50 minutes to kill, or just want to end any relationship with friends.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Call of Duty Black Ops III
Ok so I used to absolutely love the Call of Duty series, before the last 2 CoD games. Call of Duty Ghosts and Advanced Warfare made me start to hate the series, as both of those games were **** in my opinion. Black Ops II was one of my favorites and I played that game so much, so I was excited for Black Ops III. BO3 has not let me down at all yet, still playing strong ever since it came out in November. This game is fun and the multiplayer is addicting and enjoyable for me for the first time since Black Ops II. I have somewhere around 6 days total game time played. Yeah, it's pretty addicting.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Fire Emblem Fates

I've put dozens of hours in Fire Emblem Awakening, which became one of my favorite games ever, so naturally I've been looking forward to play this even since it was announced last year. I'm starting with the Birthright game and plan on eventually moving onto Conquest, which is supposedly harder. Apparently there's actually some differences in the campaign/objectives other than story, so it's not just like a pair of Pokemon games.

I've had the game for a week and I'm already addicted. There aren't many games that make me sit back and think for a bit. There's some real challenge and great characters, and not to mention a cool art style. This is going to keep me busy for the months to come. :--D

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Far Cry 3

I'm more of a sandbox gamer, so this is my first real FPS, and I love it to death. It's currently my favorite game. I got it for $5 on Steam(they're having a huge Ubisoft sale). It's so good.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Let's face it, the Far Cry games are pretty much a sandbox anyway :lol:

I really enjoyed FC3 though. FC4 nails the mechanics much better, but the world and story for FC3 was much better.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

davidm

Strata Poster
Not games as such - rather game-related, but I notice that there is another attempt to get games on TV in the (almost) mainstream ; Dave (the channel, not me) has commissioned a game-show to be presented by Dara O'Briain based on an existing stage show;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... me-tv-show

One of the guys behind the show is on VGN a lot - which I think is the only current gaming-focussed TV program on mainstream UK TV (if you count "Challenge TV" as mainstream?) ; https://ginx.tv/tv-shows/videogame-nation/

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Been playing a lot of GTAV with MouseAT, captured this lovely image while doing a VIP run. That is my car that Mouse is driving =]

12967898_10154200494182780_3126732337682199697_o.jpg

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Well Overwatch beta has just started, though played a lot already thanks to a early access key. It's tons of fun =D

Intricks

Strata Poster
Overwatch is fab. Love Genji, Bastion and the dude with the bear traps (drawing a complete blank on his name).

Intricks

Strata Poster
Youre going to remark about Skyrim being made prettier, but completely ignore the fact that Bethesda is adding in an amusement park builder into Fallout 4.

I really should not be keeping up with E3 news this year. It will ruin my already terribly low finances.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nealbie said:
Huzzah! Skyrim PS4/XboxOne remaster confirmed (with full mod support too)!

See y'all in October.

It will crash so much more spectacularly ;)

I was excited, then realised I should just get it on PC for a fraction of the price.

Not seen the Fallout DLC, but building in Fallout sucks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

nealbie

CF Legend
Intricks said:
Youre going to remark about Skyrim being made prettier, but completely ignore the fact that Bethesda is adding in an amusement park builder into Fallout 4.

I really should not be keeping up with E3 news this year. It will ruin my already terribly low finances.

Because despite Fallout being a superstar 10/10 game, Skyrim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallout.

Vault building and RCTWasteland does look fun. I think we parked in the Quantum lot?