What's new

Sky Rocket - Premier Rides LSM for Kennywood 2010

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Not the most aerodynamic front right there...

Though that will most likely not have toooooo much difference to the main speed... Bloody Engineering degree making me think like that...

Oh well, looks awesome...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
Train pics!

29851_408502589864_123450319864_4175890_6842658_n.jpg

Wheres the rest of the train? =/

Jeez the sides look so.. unfinished..

RCF

Strata Poster
These are the finished trains. They just need time to test them so this could open by at least mid-June

Tony

Hyper Poster
Wow, those trains look really ugly! The front just looks cheap and is way too big. The coaster itself actually looks better than I thought it would, looking forward to seeing some videos of testing.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I like them. I've barely paid any attention to this ride, so it's a nice surprise to see no OTSRs. :) Should provide some nice un-restricted air-time.

RCF

Strata Poster
^Especially on the little bunny hills towards the end of the ride. If those are taken with speed, with the restraints, it could get some major airtime.

The trains are okay, I mean, they do look stripped down in that one pictures, but when they're on the track they look decent.

Excited to ride this mo'****a :p .

Jared

Hyper Poster
Am I the only one that was expecting more from the trains? I thought they'd be better looking that that.

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. I saw pics before of drawings and it didn't look too bad.. but lordy those are some ugly bastards.. lol

It looks too boxey, but whatever, as long as it rides well :p . We won't be paying attention to the frontal design when we're on it, haha. I want to see a video of it testing, and how fast it goes through the elements.

RCF

Strata Poster
According to Screamscape, KW is aiming for a June 19th opening as crews are already going to start training around June 12th

Martyn B

CF Legend
Them trains are alright apart from that big flat front section. They should have put some shape to them like the MS cars.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Dang, it just crawls over the tophat going into the cliffhanger element. That could provide some good fun.

A second testing video at a higher speed:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAQZ5h9Sw0[/youtube]