What's new

Sky Rocket - Premier Rides LSM for Kennywood 2010

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Construction for Sky Rocket, the Premier Rides LSM scheduled to open in May at Kennywood, has finally begun as this update on the Kennywood Connection website confirms.
http://www.kpconnection.com/cu323.shtml
There hasn't been much discussion about this launcher, but I'm really looking forward to riding it during this year's CF-Live.
323-1.JPG

Not much, but it's a start.
323-11.JPG

Plenty more waiting to go up.
323-5.JPG

Snoo

The Legend
I've found Premier to be hit or miss.. with rides coming down to how jerky the train rolls around the circuit. This should be interesting though.. nice to see KWood getting a new ride.. what a fantastic park.

Wow it's about time! Whether or not this is going to be the most amazing roller coaster ever, I look forward to riding it, and it's definitely needed for the park. The park is already amazing as it is, and I only expect this will make it better!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know about hit or miss. I pretty much like all their launchers, even if the Black Lot Stunt Coasters are a bit meh. Fear of Flight, Joker's Jinx, Revenge of the Mummy, Mr. Freeze & Speed - The Ride are all good launchers. What makes this one interesting to me is that this is their first LSM (all the others are LIMs).

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Two months? I imagine Kennywood being able to do it within that time frame... They retracked Phantom's Revenge last year pretty quickly...

Either way, Kennywood loves it... But why does there always have to be one park that I go to each year that decides to build a launched? :(

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Now why did I have a feeling that you were going to reply to that as soon as I posted it? :wink:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That's exactly how I took it bud. :wink: And why I left it at that.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's good to see vertical construction, although it is a bit strange since we're used to rides being completely constructed by now. The Live is in August though, so there's plenty of time.

Well, they have two airtime hills done, and an overbank. Might have a few nice little pops, and I think it'll be a fun little ride, nothing super special, but fun. And Marc, not to worry, at the rate they're going they'll be done within the month.

Snoo

The Legend
Not counting testing. ;)

I'm still on the fence about this ride. It could be great or it could suck.

Ah cool, an actual good picture of the layout that shows it better. Looks fun, is all I have to say! Nothing wrong with the bunny hills and a little airtime though, Bradley!

Snoo

The Legend
That layout has been out for a WHILE Tay.. you do know that? :p

As for the trains.. is that confirmed? If so.. <3

tks

Strata Poster
The layout hasn't been posted in this topic before now, and that's the first time i've ever seen it! :p

I think that looks a neat little layout! A decent family coaster! (Depending on what the height rest. will be!)

That layout has been out for a WHILE Tay.. you do know that?

As for the trains.. is that confirmed? If so.. <3

I've seen pictures of it, but they were never as clear as that one, which I had never seen before :p .

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Brad said:
The plans for the ride look ok, but not sure about the end bunny hills.
If those "bunny hills" are anything like the ones on Phantom's Revenge, then you'll be loving them. :wink:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
If those "bunny hills" are anything like the ones on Phantom's Revenge, then you'll be loving them. :wink:

Phantom's Revenge does NOT have 'bunny' hills...

It has... 'awesome hills'... <3

I like to call them 'Sweet Pieces of Orgasm'.. but that's just me.

LOL! They are, their airtime is awesome.

And UC, yah, I can see what you're saying. But, as long as they have decent airtime, they'll be good.