What's new

Six Flags New England | Wicked Cyclone | RMC Iron Horse

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
I went to the park yesterday and they have gotten even farther. These are pictures I took while hanging around.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1491.png
    IMG_1491.png
    165 KB · Views: 95

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm glad this coaster is getting a new track.

I've always thought white wood goes well in New England!

Hutch

Strata Poster
So check this out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeT0GJfreJ4[/youtube]

If it'll end up being as fast as it is in the animation, this is going to be ridiculous!

Snoo

The Legend
I'm just hoping with the smaller footprint in comparison to Rattler and Giant will make this better. Those two just felt so.. meh.. videos showed great pacing but those coasters either died or were too short.

BBH

Giga Poster
I chuckled a bit at the shot with the two boomerangs right next to each other as the ride crested the lift.

Looks to have some pretty great pacing. Obviously, the animations are never completely accurate, but this looks like more of a back seat ride if you want the best airtime.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SFNEOnline posted a construction update showing the the lift hill has been topped off.

WCupdate8.1.jpg

WCupdate8.2.jpg

WCupdate8.3.jpg

WCupdate8.4.jpg

WCupdate8.5.jpg

WCupdate8.9.jpg

WCupdate8.11.jpg

WCupdate8.15.jpg

Source: http://sfneonline.org/2014/09/14/wicked-cyclone-construction-update-8/

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Chris Coasters said:
Can't freaking wait. I should be going to Fright Fest so I can get a look at it in person!
At this rate, don't be surprised if you're able to ride it! :lol:

I mean **** ! This thing is going up fast! Even by Cedar Fair standards!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Looking great, don't think it'll be as quick as the video though, the double twisted airtime hill looks brilliant :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Jeez, when are they going to get over them 90' banked turns?!

Still, it looks ace and it's great to see them getting it done so fast!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^Why would they? I mean, public loves them, they are fun, and kind of the staple. I enjoy them so, meh.

Looks fantastic blah blah blah.

BBH

Giga Poster
Part of me thinks that after the Goliath fiasco they want to get the construction done on this before it gets very far into winter so they don't waste springtime on construction. One of the few instances where SF has worked in favor of the guests while still hugely benefitting themselves. ;)

Looks fab yada yada yada

Hutch

Strata Poster
Found a few more photos on the All-American Thrills Forum.

IMG_6088.jpg

Layout.jpg

They really are cramming a lot more elements in the tiny space.

wicked_cyclone_photo_3-1024x662.jpg

The first drop will be dropping all the way to the ground, which is like twice the size than it was before!

DROPBOTTTOM.jpg

DJI00159.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

They also did a construction update video, which also featured an interview of SFNE's communications manager and even more pictures.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8D5rT4Mik[/youtube]

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
I remember the old Cyclone had severe track sway, and on my only ride I made a point to make everyone in the line aware to freak them out. They should include that feature in the new one :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
SFNE Online have captured a few more photos of the recent construction. Most of the old structure is gone and they've gone back to putting more track.

We're starting to go up through the overbank.
wickedcycloneupdate13.5.jpg

wickedcycloneupdate13.6-1024x943.jpg

Couple more shots of the first drop.
wickedcycloneupdate13011_zps96137ca4.jpg

wickedcycloneupdate13.1.jpg