What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

I woke up early for this?

**** Six Flags, and **** YOLO. You gotta be kidding me! YOLO! The ride is unimpressive to say the least. They went the cheap route and made it short, although better than just the loop/tophat that it could have been. This was supposed to be the coaster that gave SFMM the edge of unique, not waste the most prime location in the park on something that will MAYBE get 750 RPH. I'm ashamed to call this place my home park.

Only saving for this ride is if the height requirement is low so I can take my 4 year old nephew on it, because it sure doesn't look like it would be too intense for him.

**** ing yolo...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

tomahawKSU said:
I woke up early for this?

**** Six Flags, and **** YOLO. You gotta be kidding me! YOLO! The ride is unimpressive to say the least. They went the cheap route and made it short, although better than just the loop/tophat that it could have been. This was supposed to be the coaster that gave SFMM the edge of unique, not waste the most prime location in the park on something that will MAYBE get 750 RPH. I'm ashamed to call this place my home park.

Only saving for this ride is if the height requirement is low so I can take my 4 year old nephew on it, because it sure doesn't look like it would be too intense for him.

**** ing yolo...

Bitches is always going to bitch :roll:

Jer

Strata Poster

I'm with Tom on this one, the promo was disappointing to say the least, ignoring the Yolo, the awful font usage, and the over all rushed feel of it. The ride looks lacking, I was hoping for some amazingly long multi launch epic coaster and what do they get? a 160ft loop? 2 launches? a backwards launch? It seems, rather disappointing to be honest.

And then there is Yolo....what is this, I dont even....

bmac

Giga Poster

There's still so much space leftover that's not covered in this layout. Please for the love of the coaster gods plant some **** trees in there!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Do we know what happens after the "Top hat"? Is it just a launch into a hill, then brakes and return to station immediately after?

Kudos for coming up with the "track on both sides of the loop" thing, and the backwards launch, then. Negative points for not coming up with anything else. I think it is a cool concept, but it has to be the most gimmicky "traditional" coaster since the Stratas. It has exactly two neat gimmicks (loop with track both in- and outside, and the backwards launch), but doesn't appear to do anything beyond just that.

By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to be.

Snoo

The Legend

I do notice a fun trend though.. most Europeans seem to like it while most North Americans don't.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Snoo said:
I do notice a fun trend though.. most Europeans seem to like it while most North Americans don't.

Exactly! You are way to spoiled with to many coasters everywhere.
Be grateful that you are getting something new and unique.

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

If Gatekeeper was going to SFMM and Full Throttle was going to CP, lets just say I would be angry...very angry. Possibly turn green and start ripping off my shirt...

Full Throttle looks bland and not very exciting. The reverse launch is silly too....really wish it would have been a terrain hugger.

Jake

Strata Poster

Yeah, this is a bit poo.

I guess it sort of fills a gap at Magic Mountain, but I think a large Intamin or Mack multi launch would have been a lot better.

It's basically a longer version of that hideous THING at Discovery Kingdom.

steel

Mega Poster

_koppen said:
Snoo said:

Exactly! You are way to spoiled with to many coasters everywhere.
Be grateful that you are getting something new and unique.
Well, Europeans also tend not to like European coasters as much as North Americans do. Grass-is-always-greener effect.
And North America is such a gigantic continent that a lot of us have no more easy access to most coasters as Europeans do. I'm only within feasible weekend-trip distance of about four parks (Adventureland, Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun, Six Flags Great America). I can't just drive to San Francisco on a whim. That's like driving from Madrid to Warsaw.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Reverse Launch could be cool if the track elements around it were different and enhance the "you suddenly stop mid ride, and then LAUNCHED BACKWARDS TRLOLOLO" It's quite underwhelming how it currently is.

If they dared dip the ride into a better narrative they could make the reverse launch make sense and have a bigger impact beyond SURPRISE. It's like if they had Thirteen's Free-fall Drop track out in the open.

Top Hat with Loop inside looks awesome. It's a shame the layout and themeing isn't impressive enough to justify the gimick. It feels like an idea from a 12 year old who has the ambition for imagination but lacks the skill for execution.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

IF this was the original layout, with that loop top hat, I would love it, but it isn't and it's wasting the tunnel that has been every enthusiasts dream for an epic launch since metro was destroyed. I don't understand the point of the backwards launch, it just kills the pacing, then again, the ride would be extremely short if it didn't stop.

See, Magic Mountain NEEDS a people eater, the only things that have the potential too are Goliath, Batman, Scream, Tatsu, and maybe Riddlers, but that's only if all three trains are going, which hasn't happened in years. This was supposed to be it. Still funny that the loop is taller than 90% of the rides in Europe though, and it will look pretty small at this park.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Except the park didn't make this for us coaster geeks, they made it as an eye catcher for the GP to produce revenue for the company, not to make us happy.

The GP's reaction is generally "ERMAHGERD IT HAS A LOOP AND GOES BACKWARDS!!!", not "Meh, capacity will suck, such a short boring ride." The GP outweighs us 10,000/1.

Ben

CF Legend

Ughhhhh, why is the backwards launch cool when it's next to another backwards launch they already have <//3

It's such a gimmicky Premier, and they are the ultimate worst.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster

Is it just me or are these coaster trailers getting better and better???

This is certainly one to watch - not sure how it will ride

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

Even if it isn't what we expected, can't we all agree it will be AT LEAST somewhat fun? I mean, I would HAPPILY have this at Kings Dominion, even if it is short. It looks fun.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^^ Not really. The layout seems pretty short and the reverse launch pointless.

bmac

Giga Poster

For the terrain they had available this didn't hit potential. Other than that it's going to be a good addition to the park, oh wait I'm forgetting the likely lack of shade from the clearing...

A

Anonymous

I would have had a switch track to launch backwards then another switch track later on to launch forwards into the airtime over the loop.
The half element backwards bit is the only thing I don't really understand, switch tracks would add capacity and make it a longer ride, some helixes and banked turns between them would have been epic :p