What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

That backwards launch looks really odd. A half back launch up the dive loop. Kind of mid-course shuttle section? :lol:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

It's actually ridiculously mental...

Why does it have a backwards launch? It doesn't NEED one but oh my...

Premier <3

Regarding capacity concerns, it's such a short length that it can only potentially support 3 (maybe 4 at a push depending on braking blocks), but the length allows some leeway in regards to trains coming in and out quickly...

Of course, complaining about throughputs at a park with X2, Superman, Green Lantern, Drop of Doom etc...

jokerman

Giga Poster

It's short. Too short. A visually impressive ride that won't be worth going on.

Smithy

Strata Poster

I genuinely thought after the backwards launch that it had stalled. What an utterly pointless feature, was at least expecting a bit of switch track so they did more than go halfway through an element before launching forward. Will be an operational nightmare too.

Might look impressive aesthetically, but that's about it.

Nic

Strata Poster

That thing looks ridiculous. The way I see it, the backwards launch is a novel alternative to an MCBR. I guess if you're going to stop the train, you might as well make it do *something* while it's there. I love the way the Top Hat/Loop looks, but I'm a bit concerned how well it'll ride. The ride is a lot shorter than I was imagining. That's a bit disappointing. Throughput obviously won't be great, but as Benin said, when has that ever bothered them before?

In short, this makes me mildly irritated that I went this year rather than next, but will not be enough on its own to make me want to rush back.

STC

Mega Poster

Backwards launch then a roll-back into a forwards launch? A huge loop with track bolted onto each side of the spine?! This looks amazing, paradigm shifting even. Well done Premier!

I think at the end of the day, it's not as good as everyone was hoping when rumours were spreading of three launches, and it being one of the world's longest coasters.

But it's definitely not as bad as everyone was fearing when there were rumours that it'd basically be the new Superman coaster but bigger.

Throughput remains a concern.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

This was better and worse than I was expecting. Worse because its not as long as I was expecting. Better because its more unique than I was expecting. Who ever thought that Six Flags would go unique?

Snoo

The Legend

Meh. It just doesn't grab my eye.. yeah.. big loop.. and dive loop.. but launches? Meh. Completely and utterly disappointing tbh.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

STC said:
Backwards launch then a roll-back into a forwards launch? A huge loop with track bolted onto each side of the spine?! This looks amazing, paradigm shifting even. Well done Premier!

This.

I was really impressed with the smaller Premier coasters I got to ride in the US. Good luck to them I say. It's great that a company is trying to push the boundaries and create something unique and quirky.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

This looks ridiculously awesome! Premier is stepping it up finding their own unique way of building launch coasters, with this and S:UF

steel

Mega Poster

Oh good, an eyesore capacity nightmare at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I don't know what I expected, that seems to be all they build these days.

I'm sure it will be fun, but I'm another one who doesn't see the point of the backwards launch. They already have that on Superman, and this one will be less powerful. All it's going to do is destroy the capacity of a potential people-eater.

I really like the top hat-loop combo, though. That's very cool.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I literally lost all hope for the ride when I read YOLO for part of its catch-phrase. It makes it seem like SFMM is going through a midlife crisis and trying to seem younger. I already know the teens in the damn line while waiting will end up pissing me off severely (seriously...who started this yolo bs?).

Positives? Ummm...the 3 car train will help with capacity. Im thinking it will be more like Stunt Track for capacity. The backward launch looms to only take around the same time as the second (?) wait for quick movie bit/launch portion of the ride. That runs 3 trains I believe, so capacity wont be nearly as horrid as what we think.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

How long do you think the backwards launch will last?
It will consume extra power and slow down capacity.

I'm guessing they will just launch trough it within a couple of seasons.

Gazza

Giga Poster

My favourite part in all this is that it has a section of track with one spine and rails on both sides....It's like one of those "post your idea for new coasters types" thread come true. <3 <3 <3

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This looks awesome! - And I love the uniqueness of it!

Looks like Six Flags is going to have some great new coasters coming next year with this and Iron Rattler!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

I'm just not feeling it. Maybe because I was really hoping we would get the original rumored super long coaster. Still better than a shuttle loop.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Sorry to go a bit off topic but any chance those could be the cars used in Alton Towers Sw7

Looks like a great ride. Im not sure about the backward launch being effective seeing as they already have Superman. Looking foward to seeing this, maybe worth a trip back to Six Flags.

Intricks

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
How long do you think the backwards launch will last?
It will consume extra power and slow down capacity.

I'm guessing they will just launch trough it within a couple of seasons.

Around the same amount of time as the one wait/watch+launch sequence on Stunt Track. Not too long tbh.