What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Casio

Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

I have a feeling this may just be a larger version of Superman: Ultimate Flight, which would seem disappointing. I haven't been on it so perhaps that's no bad thing, but it just seems like a fad, which Magic Mountain has plenty of, when they really need a solid all round coaster.

Screamscape is now also suggesting that it would have double sided track and be a Moebius, ie. you would ride both sides; so invert and the loop and then not invert, which sounds pretty far fetched, but who knows?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I will be truly upset if it is something ridiculous like that. Green Lantern, S:EFK, and Lex Luthor are all gimmicks, they don't need another one, especially in that great location.

Casio

Mega Poster

Agreed, they haven't put in anything massively creative since Tatsu, so they're definitely due one for 2013

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Casio said:
Agreed, they haven't put in anything massively creative since Tatsu, so they're definitely due one for 2013
They did do Terminator/Apocalypse in 2009.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

Yeah, while other SF parks are getting used Boomerangs and Sky Screamers, SFMM fans are going to look really stupid moaning about a unique Premier launch coaster. :roll:

Casio

Mega Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Casio said:
They did do Terminator/Apocalypse in 2009.

I wouldn't say it's massively creative; Apocalypse is a decent ride, but like Green Lantern it's been slapped on a set footprint. Tatsu was the most recent ride to really interact with scenery/other rides and make a great visual impact on the park.

andrus

Giga Poster

Casio said:
Screamscape is now also suggesting that it would have double sided track and be a Moebius, ie. you would ride both sides; so invert and the loop and then not invert, which sounds pretty far fetched, but who knows?
It would be great if running the two elements in the other way around; ie first non-inverting loop with some good air and then the loop. If it takes the loop first it either will be extremely powerful or the train will crawl through the non-inverting loop..

Either way here's a recreation from a TPR-member of how it could be done:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5EWWC1Ir88&feature=g-upl[/youtube]

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ looks cool, and not TOO farfetched. Maybe even plausible.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Not really digging that. Would rather have something more like Maverick. But then again my parks are getting a Boomerang and an unknown ride that is not a coaster.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

From what I understand, it's going to be more like a loop inside a tophat, unless I'm reading what's been posted on Screamscape wrong...which is a possibility.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I can kinda see how it would work...somewhat....ish

bmac

Giga Poster

Six Flags officially wins the "weirdest idea of the year" award. I want to see that 160 foot top hat with a loop in the middle, it would make a really cool photo having two trains on pretty much the same piece of track.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Most likely, if I am understanding this correctly, it will be a single train ride...which for the size of the park makes zero sense due to horrible capacity.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

Something tells me this announcement isn't going to be nearly as well received as Gate Keeper.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

I would be dissapointed if it wasn't something like the original rumor. Long multi-launch terrain coaster sounds real good to me.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Yeah, I was looking forward to a terrain coaster. That element just didn't excite me. An slightly more intense version of Cheetah Hunt is what the park needs.

A-Kid

Giga Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZcHQT_q58[/youtube]

TilenB

Strata Poster

That coaster looks absolutely awesome. Sadly the backwards launch will decrease its capacity by a lot.

PS: It appears to be a Premier

bmac

Giga Poster

Did they seriously use YOLO? You've got to be kidding me...

Glad they have at least two trains, that will help capacity slightly.