Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

^ HEEEYYY!!!!!!

YOLO.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Pieman said:
bmac said:
Face it, Premier is carving a nice little niche in the launch coaster concept. I really like Premier's thicker track pieces, it is so much more appealing to the eye than Intamin's 4-beam track. I really hope they offer a sight seeing spot where you can see the loop, it would be a crime not to offer a viewing spot.

My experiences with Premier so far have only given me bruises on my ankles.

Of course I've only ridden old Premier rides like Flight of Fear and Backlot Stunt Coaster. Maybe their newer ones are better (read: NO ANKLE RESTRAINTS).

Skyrocket has the leg restraints but they are in no way as annoying as the ones on flight of fear and backlot stunt.

Still it's not bad, It just could have been so much more

Xpress

Strata Poster

Thankfully we have halfway intelligent individuals such as UC to shed some light upon the situation to those who refuse to see anything but the darkness. I agree with everything he has said sofar.

As for viewing, I'm relatively certain the sky tower will serve as an excellent camera platform judging by how the ride is positioned in the park.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Still doesn't explain why they wasted such a prime location with something that is so small. Could have easily done the loop deal then had a MCBR after that and had a more fulfilling layout.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
Still doesn't explain why they wasted such a prime location with something that is so small. Could have easily done the loop deal then had a MCBR after that and had a more fulfilling layout.

It could be they plan to build 2 things on the lot but if this is it than it's just disappointing. Not Bad but disappointing

Intricks

Strata Poster

Cause they could. Why use money to build a large coaster when they could use a portion of the land for one, and a few years down the road add another one to the rest.

They have the most amount of coasters in any park with a 3 coaster lead atm. Cedar Point will come back with more down the road, so they would rather use the land smartly, instead of using it up for one ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

They could have put this where jet stream is though and they could have kept the good flume.

I don't care about the number of coasters they have, they could get rid of 5 for all I care, as long as the future additions were all capacity boosters, this is one that doesn't do that. Yes I know capacity isn't their focal point (clearly) but having a people eater would be good for the park, plus more flats. It's a **** gimmick, but that is half the park so I don't know why I am so upset about it. So as SFMM, YOLO.

Oh wait, that's why it upset me so much, they are pandering to the most retarded individuals in the country.

Intricks

Strata Poster

And those idots have money and more idiotic YOLO spewing swag wearing facebook friends than this entire site combined. Its money honey. So while we may not like it, we are vastly outweighed to the point in which we are insignificant outside of free publicity.

sparky2u

Mega Poster

POV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZcHQT_ ... r_embedded

I like the idea of the top 1/2 of the loop being used as a speed "artime" hill, but then it go straight into the brake run which seems a bit pointless with all that energy left, a bit like "Stealth" ending where it should of carried on, a few more turns, rolls etc before hitting the brakes.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I'm baffled by the negativity of most people on this. It looks amazing, wtf?

Ethan

Strata Poster

sparky2u said:
POV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZcHQT_ ... r_embedded

I like the idea of the top 1/2 of the loop being used as a speed "artime" hill, but then it go straight into the brake run which seems a bit pointless with all that energy left, a bit like "Stealth" ending where it should of carried on, a few more turns, rolls etc before hitting the brakes.

Stealth is nice as it is, thank you ;)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This roller coaster looks really good and unique.

If this coaster was located at a smaller park like Heide Park for example, I think it would be welcomed a lot more.
One would also think that they would built a longer coaster with more capacity, and that is why people doesn't like this.

Because looking at the coaster itself and not bearing in mind where it's located, will probably change peoples minds and make them have a much more positive view on this.

As said, I personally love the look of this.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
This roller coaster looks really good and unique.

If this coaster was located at a smaller park like Heide Park for example, I think it would be welcomed a lot more.
One would also think that they would built a longer coaster with more capacity, and that is why people doesn't like this.

Because looking at the coaster itself and not bearing in mind where it's located, will probably change peoples minds and make them have a much more positive view on this.

As said, I personally love the look of this.

I absolutely agree. People are being too harsh on this, it may not be as good as X2 or Tatsu (probably not for me anyway), but it is very unique and the three launches should be good and the top hat should provide some great airtime.

As said above, the only reason people are complaining about it is because it is at SFMM which has an already incredible coaster line up so people have higher expectations. It maybe could have been a bit better, but I am not disappointed because i think it will make a great addition to an already fantastic line up of coasters.

However, I was an absolute huge fan of the now departed Log Jammer as I thought it was definitely the best traditional log flume ever, and I was very disappointed when I heard that had gone, so I am not sure this is a worthy replacement, but too late to complain now.

Gazza

Giga Poster

To be honest, I'm wondering about the negativity too...It does more than Xcelerator, or Stealth even.

scw55

Hyper Poster

The reverse launch section just baffles me. It feels like it was added 'because it can be' rather than it 'ought to be'. If that makes sense. It doesn't do much with it either. Rest of it is fine.

Seems like it's the next-gen Launched Shuttle premise.

I've always been a sucker for theming and narrative and the reverse launched section out of the blue is an excellent place to 'storyise' the bit.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

I think people doesn't like the backwards launch because it's a SFMM which already have a backwards launcher. - Had it been at another park without already existing backwards launch coaster, people would think it was awesome!

So again, look at the coaster itself, because the concept and layout is genius!
I think the location of a coaster says a lot more than one would think at first.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Krypton Coaster only came to be because theu needed to revitalize the ride itself. What better way to get more attendance than switching around the car and repainting it?

As UC has said, the backwards launch is the MCBR. It will allow for a realistic 3 train operation. Going from the promo vid it looks like you will sit on the first launch before launching for a brief moment. That could be a block to let the second train know to do its reverse launch sequence into the rest of the ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think it looks pretty good actually. I can see the point in the reverse launch, and I think it will be quite unique (although I was expecting it to go back much further to a full backwards section), but it looks like it might kill the pacing quite a bit.

I do look forward to seeing this built though. I'd love it if they can get some train synchronisation going. :p

Naemuti

Mega Poster

Joey said:
I'm baffled by the negativity of most people on this. It looks amazing, wtf?

We're foamers, we must be negative about absolutely anything and everything. :roll: