What's new

Rides that show potential to be insane but fall short?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah I don't know if it was ECG, (or whoever comments) but I saw the official CoasterForce comment on an I305 video saying they beefed up the trim and it "kills the second half of the ride"
Still I'm excited to one day ride it, just bummed the untamed version will never be known to me!

You mentioned not holding your hands up, that's a great point.
One ride I've not yet seen mentioned was StormRunner. It kind of hurts and multiple rides will leave some bruising on you. However, when I held on it was much better! It's not what we like to do on coasters but it seems some of these Intamin's need it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
JJLehto said:
Don't listen Ethan, Skyrush is great.

Ok like... seriously? I can believe who I want! The majority both on this site, and others, say that the restraints hurt a lot and it retracts significantly from the overall ride experience. So i'll go with that until I get on it, because I hate any pain on coasters.

Coaster's are designed to be fun, NOT painful...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Nope, only my opinion is valid. In fact, it's fact!
Ah that's a shame :(

But I've distracted from the OP enough...

Snoo

The Legend
I disagree Ethan. I think they created Son of Beast/SLC's/Boomerangs to deliberately destroy you.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Wodan. The first drop is epic, It's got a really good 'out of control' feel to it, but just as your expecting to be ejected out of your seat, It doesn't happen.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
I went to KD around Halloween and got 7 rides on I305. That was the first rides I had taken on it. I'm glad I got to ride a somewhat tense version. I thought it was wicked fast and great forces.

marc

CF Legend
kimahri said:
Skyrush's restraints are fine for me.

Uh, Wild Train at Parc st Paul was bragged about being reletivly insane but I felt it wasn't as bragged as I thought it would be. Formula 1 was suitably wild.

Agree about the wild mouse, it was a let down.

Zeus for me. Heard great things and it looked good yet was a complete let down due to no airtime after the drop.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Millennium Force was the biggest one for me, so much hype, but it just didn't produce what I was hoping. It was fun but not amazing.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I think that Oblivion fell really short for me, I my first time I went to Alton Towers and saw Oblivion I was "OMG THAT LOOKS SO SCARY", so I got in the queue crapping my self hearing the screams ringing in my ears. As we were going up the slow lift hill, I really wanted to get off, but their was no turning back, and then came the holding over the drop. At that moment I died. As it dropped I was like, 'is that it'. I found it was to short to an amazing ride, I found the drop rather tame and then well... It's over.

kimahri

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
I think that Oblivion fell really short for me, I my first time I went to Alton Towers and saw Oblivion I was "OMG THAT LOOKS SO SCARY", so I got in the queue crapping my self hearing the screams ringing in my ears. As we were going up the slow lift hill, I really wanted to get off, but their was no turning back, and then came the holding over the drop. At that moment I died. As it dropped I was like, 'is that it'. I found it was to short to an amazing ride, I found the drop rather tame and then well... It's over.

From the sounds of it. Oblivion did it's job. It's 14 years old now, as much as I love Oblivion I have to say gone passed it's age. I'll still hold it dear to me though.

peep

CF Legend
Intimadator 305 should just join all the SLCs in a big massive destructive fire. There is no saving it, that first corner made me want to slap whoever designed it, awful contraption.

Skyrush is actually awesome and with decent restraints it will be awesome.

I was quite disappointed by Volcano, its great but it just felt too short, nothing really happens in the actual Volcano and I felt that they missed so much potential.

STC

Mega Poster
Rock Rage on the fair circuit, looks much better than it really is.

G-Force at Drayton should be reasonably good but it's awful.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

kimahri

CF Legend
peep said:
Intimadator 305 should just join all the SLCs in a big massive destructive fire. There is no saving it, that first corner made me want to slap whoever designed it, awful contraption.

This man is smart.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
I305. It simply didn't do... anything. There was no airtime, and the first turn was the only time I felt any forces that didn't bonk my head against the restraints. If the restraints are a lapbar, nothing can hurt me, but any OTSR I am wary.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Youngster Joey said:
Ethan said:
^ And your personal opinion is?

From the Skyrush thread

"It's a shame too.. the epicness of the ride was just overshadowed TOO much by the pain in my thighs.

In my opinion, you shouldn't have to figure out ways to ride something to make it better. I guess thats why I didn't rank it up there like the rest of the guys on the trip."

What exactly is wrong with the restraints? Is it something in the position locking system?

andrus

Giga Poster
^The contact area of the lap restraints on your thighs is way too small. You experience some strong negative G's on the ride and that little contact area put a lot of pressure on your legs. Intamin should've at least used the regular t-bars, or even better a clam-shell design like B&M or Mack.

kimahri

CF Legend
They're angled wrong as well. By the looks of it they're supposed to clamp around your waist and rest on your lap but they sit angled on your thighs.