What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah he did try to hack an inverted coaster with a non-inverted one. AJ, to get the box track this is what you have to do:

1. Use the LIM track for the Top Hat then hack it onto the rest of the ride.
2. Get the Impulse Coaster track and copy exactly how the LIM goes above it (and when I mean above the LIM track I mean at least 30 metres above. Depends on how big the Top Hat is really).
3. Go into 8 Cars, select the Impulse, put the settings to main colour scheme and keep on lowering the track until it's directly on top of the LIM track. Presto you now have box track!

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Okay here's my problem.

When in Landscape editor, when I select a particular theme for example roman/classical theming. Only half of the objects appear.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Appear where? On the tabs?
Make sure there are still enough spots open for that type of scenery (like 'small scenery'). If not, it will only select some. Go through and make sure what's supposed to be selected is actually selected. If it's not and there are still spaces open, I don't know why. The only thing is that you're thinking some objects should be included when they're not coded in the game to be included. If you get custom scenery that happens to be roman, it certainly won't be included in the roman scenery tab that came with rct.

A

Anonymous

Hey CP6,

I know how to make Track invisible, but how do you make only sections of track invisible

(yes I have tried using alternate color schemes)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Yeah, color schemes don't work. When you make track invisible, the whole track goes invisible. The way you get around this is by merging another track in right where you want the track to disappear. So just insert pieces of track and then make that ride invisible.

Remember, though, that not everything can be made invisible. I don't remember the list off the top of my head, but I know that you can't make vertical track or diagonal track invisible.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have been wondering this for ages but how do you get the unlimited chain lift thing for coasters. And how do you use the .zip thing because when I download stuff for RCT2 it goes into this .zip thing and I dont have a clue what to do and how to get it on to the RCT2. Please help!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
If you have Windows 2000 or higher, right click on the zip and go to export. It's a file compression program.
Chain lifts up to 255mph can be made with the 8 cars trainer. Just go to the modify ride stats and find your ride.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Yah thanks I got it working now. I will be on RCT2 all day tomorrow making lots of launched coasters.

A

Anonymous

Cool,

Coaster Maniac, Do you Know how to hack Vertical Intamin track on to a giga coaster to create a realistic top hat? (or even hack at all?)

If you don't I SEROUSLY reccomend looking at CP6's RCT2 Tutorials.

Tony

Hyper Poster
In the Scenarios, Is their anyway you can change the theming objects?for example if I am playing with Six Flags Belgium and I want to get the Egyptain themeing, is their anyway I can get?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
There's a couple ways you can do it. Each take a little bit, but here's how:

1. Open the scenario editor and open the scenario file for Six Flags Belgium (go to open, then in the roller coaster tycoon folder... it's in the scenario's folder). That'll take just the plain scenario and let you do what you want with it. You'll have to resave it and then rebuild all the rides again.
2. On New Element, you can get a thing called ParkDat where you can add/replace/delete objects (1 at a time). It's a little difficult because you have to find the actual object name for each individual. If you want to replace more then a few objects, this will take several hours. If you still want to know how, then let me know.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey CP I have 2 questions

1. I noticed in one of yuor parks you split an S bend how do you do that?

also:

2. Some of the options in my 8cars per trianer screen are perminantly greyed out, how can I use these...or can I at all?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
1. It's a secret :p.
Actually, no, but it's kind of difficult. You actually use the Map Object Manipulation function on 8 cars. It involves changing the land type and doign things in a certain order. PM me with what you're trying to do and I'll help you out when I can write a tutorial. Object Manipulation can really screw up your game.
2. As far as I know, they're always grayed out. I never really noticed until you mentioned it, but I've never needed to use them anyways. So I guess they're just always off unless certain things make them active. I wouldn't worry about it.

Jambo

Roller Poster
right

i have a really important Q to ask,

please answer it.

i use 8 cars, etc, everything works fine, and i will eventually finy out how to do slanted water etc, but when ever i make a scenario, and build a park

the guests never come in, (it always closes down cos it aint 700 rating, then i re open with 8 cars), the guests are all together outside the entrance on the edge of the map, their legs are moving, but they dont even come on the concrete outside my park.

(only when i make a scenario i think)

ANY HELP< PLEASE!

Jambo

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Ok, first off can you please capitalize? It'd make it a lot easier to read.

Anyway, I get what you're saying... it's a common issue. 8 cars is your problem.

Steps to follow when building a scenario:
1. Open editor
2. Don't buy any land yet!!!
3. Place your entrance and path to the edge
4. Make sure the marker where the people enter is on your path and that's all set.
5. Buy a little bit of land around your entrance (you can do more, but don't worry)
6. Select your objects, rides, and all that stuff you do in the editor.
7. Save the scenario, select it from the list and save the game.
8. Now you can use 8 cars to own all land

Alright, well I took you in a roundabout way of doing it, but essentially you can't own that strip of path from the edge to your entrance. And if you've already placed it and change the size of the map, that screws it up too.

Jambo

Roller Poster
right, ill try it now, thanks for the tips.

How do you get better sceneary, like rocky ground and water without raising ground so it looks silly etc??

thanks

Jambo

Jer

Strata Poster
okay I'm trying to make a coaster that in a workbench of it's own and I jsut have a few quesitons..and a problem.

1. How big sohuld the workbench be?
2. Should I add terrian in the scenario editor or when I start to build the coaster?

and here my problem: In the scenario editor when I go to set up invention list screen I get the error trapper either when I'm scrolling down to select what i want to start with or the seocnd after I click the "Set up invention list" option. Is there A way I can stop this? or if my game corrupted?

thanks a **** load: VF

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Jambo-
For better scenery, head on over to www.nedesigns.com and click on Spotlights. Download some of the RCT2 ones and you'll get all the custom scenery in them. The rock land blocks will be in there if you get some of the more recent ones.

V_F-
1. However big you want. 50 or so is a good size to use, although if you plan on doing a large out and back, you may have to go up towards 80. Of course, you could always go for like 100-120 and lower what you don't use and add those black background scenery pieces so the land you don't use dissappears.
2. Depends on what you like best. I usually terrain as I build (sometimes after). The goal for realistic parks is to make it look like the landscape was there first. If you have to landscape before you build to get it to look right, then do that.

And hm, I really don't know about that error. The only thing I do at the Invention step is make all my rides available, so it never takes long. So I'm not sure what the problem is. If it persists, un/reinstall... that's the best I can tell you. Flip back a few pages for my guide to un/reinstalling properly.