What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
There's two things you can do... neither involving 8 cars actually.

1. The first is with the Son of Beast trainer. Problem with this one is that it sinks the entries, but they can't be reached...so people won't be able to ride and mechanics won't be able to fix.

2. Hex Editing. This is the most complicated type of hacking in RCT and something that I don't think many people use because it's just so darn complicated. I always make mistakes when I mess with this stuff. It's quite powerful, and can get rid of stations and still have the ride useable, it's just incredibly difficult to make it happen.

I suggest just hiding entries in scenery by zero clearancing some scenery around the stuff and then use the rest of the station. Some of the best parks do it that way.

QWERTYkid911

Roller Poster
What would be the best way to be able to make scenery go very high? I'm sure you know that it gets very difficult after a while.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
There's a lot of different techniques I've seen. I rarely build high, but when I do I tend to zoom out and just do the best I can. One thing I've thought of, but haven't tried is building the scenery you want really high just a bit off the ground and then building a simple ride (like a car ride in a circle) and saving it with that scenery... then rebuilding the ride higher. Another option, if you know how to use the 8cars trainer, is to build the scenery lower and then use the Map Object Manipulation feature to make it higher. You can also use this to bring land past the maximum in RCT. If you need explanation, let me know. Those are the only 2 ways I've thought of... perhaps some others have input?

kimahri

CF Legend
If its no bother. Could I have the latest protour bench avalible or something please?

I just installed RCT2 on this laptop and I'm in need of CS

Thanks in advance

Swat

Mega Poster
Hi, I havent played RCT2 in a while and have just got a new computer with vista and this one can run RCT3 so I went and got a boxset of RCT2 and RCT3 so I have decided to make a new park on RCT2 and took screenshots and now I can't find them anywere, Anyone know were they are on Vista?

Also im using 8 Cars but it doesnt seem to add money which i need because ive drained all the money out of the map with my new park so i cant continue any ideas why it doesnt work?

Man I hate vista!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I've heard Vista has had various issues with RCT.

Try both versions of 8 cars to see if you can get it working. Do any of your 8 cars features work? If not, one thing I thought of was that you have the box set. I really hope the RCT2 one isn't RCT Gold, because if I remember correctly, you can't do custom objects with that-- so other things may not work.

As for screenshots, I know I've seen it somewhere, but I just can't recall where I saw it. What you can do is search for src1.bmp or whatever and see what it picks up.

Hope that helps!

Swat

Mega Poster
Well ive used the son of beast trainer and it has worked, I could do everything else with 8 Cars than add money. Nah, I got the RCT World Boxset With RCT2 (With WW,TT) and RCT3 (With Soaked,Wild).

Well ive been carrying on with the park now I have the money issuse sorted out but no luck with the screenshots.. Do you think it is worth making a file/folder with all the same data as it should have like location, name etc. Could you copy the folder loacation and the name etc so I can give that ago.

Thanks Swat

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It seems that you've found your screenshots as you've posted a park.. how did you end up doing it? I'd like to know for future reference, and what I upgrade to Vista...

Swat

Mega Poster
Oh no I have the old computer and I transfered the park over onto that via USB stick. I have cracked one problem with Vista and that is when you save the park it doesnt show up in saved games if you want the park to post it or whatever save it to "My Documents" and it shows up there.

EDIT: Ive read that it is impossible to get screenshots on Vista. Vista just doesnt allow it. Also if upgradeing to Vista and wanting to play RCT2 do NOT get Ultimate because it runs at 65-bit rate and won't run RCT2.

A

Anonymous

I absolutley love RCT2, and I was just going to ask if anyone knew another way to merge/interlock tracks rather than the way displayed on the website, as it does not work for me.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
There's a way to do it with the Son of Beast trainer, although I'm unsure of where to find it.

Try googling it, hopefully you'll find something on it.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
You have over 5200 scenery objects or whatever the number is.. it's around there.

You need to remove some of those custom objects. There's a couple ways to do this, but the easiest is probably just moving the folder somewhere else as a backup, uninstalling, deleting the RCT folder manually, reinstalling, and then re-adding the parks you want.
Make sure the parks that you're going to want to put back have been saved while the export objects box has been checked. If the file size is over 1000kb, then it's probably ok.

That's probably the way that's least likely to screw up something somehow.

Also, while I'm replying, can you reduce your signature size, please. 120px max for banner images. Thanks!

Goliath123

Mega Poster
OK thanks, sorry about the signature, but i still don't have it working.

New question, How do you make a catwalk with the 4-D design with just making the ghost of the track delete the main coaster's track?

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Oh dear, I can't seem to get the Raise/Lower track trick to work. Every time I try it 8 Cars crashes (not RCT2). Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Are you using the new 8 cars... (1.3.2?)
It's the one with the 'make this segment a lift' feature.

If so, that's your problem-- it's filled with bugs. I use that to do my lifthill stuff when it's simple, but that's all. Just find me on MSN sometime and I'll get you the better working version.