What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Goliath123

Mega Poster
I've just reinstalled the game and i am trying to open some of my old save games but i can't and i don't want to go trough every downloaded park i have to get the custom objects, is there a way that you can open the parks without doing this?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
If you've reinstalled the games, then you'll have to add back in the objects.

Hopefully, you've had the export objects back checked and have saved all your games with that before the uninstall. If so, the file size should be several mb with custom objects. This enables RCT to readd the objects when you open them.

If not, you need to go back and get the object somehow... downloading parks and opening them is nearly the only way. You need to have all the objects in that specific map to open it up.

Goliath123

Mega Poster
Well i did make a backup folder with the games but it's still the same size that it was before i reinstalled so i don't know why it's missing the objects.
Besides that i'm on 4900 something objects so i won't be opening many games antway.
Oh well...

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Dusty ol' topic this one.....

Is there any reason why an Error message would appear whenever I start RCT2? That Error Trapper (I think) error message keeps popping up at the start screen :?

I've reinstalled it and still have the same problem.

Sucks really, I never really have time for RCT any more - whenever I do (a rare 10minutes) I can't access it.

Help?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Hm, so every time you try and load? When does it happen exactly?

One thing to check is that when you uninstalled, did you go back in and physically delete the RCT folder from your C drive? If not, do that. (copy and paste your parks somewhere else to save them)

Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure what you can do for that... hope this helps.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Error message appears at the start menu. (You know, with the annoying music)
I've deleted all files and reinstalled but it's still problematic......

I think I'm going to have to put it all down to my useless computer at home. Ugh.

Cheers for the help though.

A

Anonymous

Hey i want to post a park up. I'm wanting to know were the screenshots post to, as i havn't used it in awhile and completely forgot where they get saved to.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Assuming it's not windows Vista, they'll be located at
C:program Files/InfogramesInteractive/RollerCoasterTycoon2/

If it is Vista, I'm not sure, although I heard they were somewhere else.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
You could do a search for them... they should end in SCR1.bmp or some number like that. I don't know otherwise-- something to ask at New Element.

A

Anonymous

Problem...again!

Hey, I have just finished making a scenario in the in game editor, Saved it and everything but when i go to open it to actually play the park i get the damn error trapper message come up! it does not even open, can anyone help me?

Thanks, Joe x

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Hm. Did you happen to remove all the stuff from the regular trees or bushes tab? If they're gone, then it'll error. That's probably the most likely solution, although if not, I'll try and figure something else out. Let me know.

A

Anonymous

No, i left all the default trees and shrubs selected, all i did was choose some other scenery but didnt touch any of the pre selected stuff...

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
I have a problem with stupid guests...

In some areas recently guests seem to get crowded and walk around in circles all heading to a specific roller coaster in the park, the only ones crowded are the ones who are 'heading' to this coaster. Any help?

Pic (not that you really need so see one)

And also, in my queue lines, some guests just walk on, all the way to the end then just walk back out. Some do actually queue but some just walk on and off, this isn't because of queue lengths, they just do? and this happens on a few of the rides, sometimes it stops but then happens again?[/url]

^ Sometimes it says that they think the ride is too intense for them, walk off, and just sit there. I don't really think there is a reason for it.

zcl

Mega Poster
nemesis_guy said:
I have a problem with stupid guests...

In some areas recently guests seem to get crowded and walk around in circles all heading to a specific roller coaster in the park, the only ones crowded are the ones who are 'heading' to this coaster. Any help?

It just happens, best thing is to move them ALL where they want to go.

A

Anonymous

CedarPoint6 said:
Hello everyone,
Lately there's been a lot of topics asking for help in RCT2. I've been able to answer the questions rather in depth, so I thought I'd set up a topic for people wanting help.

Just post your question about how to theme or make coasters, hacking, scenery pieces, or other things and I'll hopefully get back to you with the answer.

Thanks!
On rollercoaster tycoon 1 i can't load my saved games. When i try to it just closes and says GSK Exception trapper. I have to try to complete parks in 1 try! :?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Not sure what that might be. As long as you open RCT1 first and then load the RCT1 saved game, then it should be working. If you just click on saved game straight away to open it, I don't think it'll work. But anyway, if you've tried all that, the only thing I know to suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the game.