What's new

RC Racer - Intamin Halfpipe - Walt Disney Studios DLP

Snoo

The Legend
Well, his point would be that we all have our own definitions and that RCDB isn't the almighty God of what is what, which is true.

I was just throwing out a harmless joke which you took too seriously love. ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Urgh, that now sounds like I have the same amount sense of humour as Bicko and Ash in a Blackpool topic...

Curse this bad mood...

let sleeping dogs lie please? -furie

tks

Strata Poster
Is this part of a Cars theme or something? I don't quite get what's going on at the Studios..

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its a part of this new Toy Story Playland, there's also going to be a Slinky dog spinning ride thingy and a parachute tower.

tspl_concept_highres.jpg

A

Anonymous

^ That actually looks pretty cool wonder if the RC Racer will spin or just go back and fourth...

But it seems like it might have 16 passengers like the old plans suggested, that would make wonders with the capacity :) since the small ones only have 12 passengers normally.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
tks said:
I don't quite get what's going on at the Studios.

Somebody at Le Disney has thought, "How could we possibly make the studios any less like a proper Disney park than it is already? Hmmmmm, tough one, but how about building a cheap fairground area, complete with cheap fairground rides that would be more at home on a British pier?"

Et voila!

tks

Strata Poster
I do like the idea that Le Disney have got going on here, Toy Story is awesome.

However they should've made this into a test track style ride (maybe a bit smaller) along the lines of, "Oh No, Woody and Buzz are missing/in a removal van, Quick, chase after them". All done with 3D things around you etc. (EVERYTHING must be in 3D, its the law).

But still. It's a cred or two. And I still haven't been on Crush yet so I might go back when this opens.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ I believe its the money issue, DLP just don't have the clout that the other disney parks do financially. They don't have the $200 million to throw at a test track ride :(

They are working on a proper new E ticket attraction, themed around Ratatouille. Which I believe will use lots of 3D :D and giant circular projection screens..

I believe in the long run they are thinking of adding World of Colour, in a brand new lagoon which will be located behind the trams.

tks

Strata Poster
Ah I forgot le Disney was le poor. Perhaps Europeans prefer going to real castles instead of pink plastic ones... :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Wee update:

01_rcracer_01sm.jpg

That looks beyond vertical to me, is that normal on these?

01_rcracer_06sm.jpg

I see they've done something to control Crush's extra long queue ;)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
tks said:
Ah I forgot le Disney was le poor. Perhaps Europeans prefer going to real castles instead of pink plastic ones... :lol:

Actually, funny you say that...

DLP's castle is the only castle totally built from stone. The others around the globe are in fact fiberglass. ;)

It's to do with French building regulations and is why ToT in DLP is the only one built from stone.

tks

Strata Poster
It's still pink! :p Unless they based it on the castle from Balamory.. :roll:

And ToT from stone? My my. That must weigh a bit!

peep

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
01_rcracer_06sm.jpg

I see they've done something to control Crush's extra long queue ;)

They've being doing the queue like that since it opened.

It does look more curved than the normal half-pipe, interesting.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah I see what you mean, the angle could be making it looked curved.

And Peep, I guess I never go when its that busy then :p

peep

CF Legend
UC said:
Surf Rider appears to have the same kind of "extended curve" (though it's not a great angle, I could be wrong):

http://www.rcdb.com/3320.htm?p=19898

Honestly, looking at it, I really don't think it's curved much (if any) more than the others...I think the height is throwing off the perception, and it almost appears as if it has a longer "station area" (the shallow, flat-ish track) than the others...it looks like there's more distance between the two spikes...if so, could it be because of the custom trains?

You could be right about it being about the trains (well, tbh everything about this attraction is custom). Just look at this pic I found on the magicforum (which was originally found on dlrpfans.be)...

gallery_1_157_766.jpg

That looks huge and apparently the proper version will look exactly the same yet have enough seating for 20 people! I can't wait to see it, I'm finally excited about this project (just hope I get to see it open when I go in July).