What's new

RC Racer - Intamin Halfpipe - Walt Disney Studios DLP

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
^Of course it's a let down, it's in the Studios....

I am inclined to agree... Though the Studios does have RnR, ToT, Stitch, Cinemagique and Animagique... (And Crush, but I'm not an excessive fan of it)...

Unfortunately that park has suffered from expectional design flaws, but, maybe, Disney have something else hidden up their sleeve for it, just hope it comes sooner rather than later... And involves originality and not more Pixar...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
nadroJ said:
^Of course it's a let down, it's in the Studios....

I am inclined to agree... Though the Studios does have RnR, ToT, Stitch, Cinemagique and Animagique... (And Crush, but I'm not an excessive fan of it)...

Thing is, all the rides (not shows) that you mentioned are just less good versions of the original put it really bad places in the park, like the design flaws you mention.

Seems to me it'd be a better option to just tear the place down and start again, it's such a mess.

And get get me started on how much I LOATHE ToT placement.....

Martyn B

CF Legend
Martyn in the advert it just shows the car going up and down and the design of the car I would say no it wont spin, I do hope I am wrong though. Its not really a big deal but I just think its a bit of a let down if you know what I mean.

I know what you're saying, but it may make the ride better? It could feel more like a coaster with out the spinning.

Unfortunately that park has suffered from expectional design flaws

Do know what makes things worse..... they had originally planned it to be differen't to how it is, and it would have been much better if they had stuck to their original plans :(

I'll try and find it quickly....

Edit: Here it be, just a snippet though...

WaltDisneyStudios2004.jpg

They were originally going to have Soarin too...

nealbie

CF Legend
Everyone always slags off the Studios like it's a deathtrap - there's nothing wrong with it. God, no pleasing some people. :roll:

nealbie

CF Legend
Has it ever actually occurred to you that it's a STUDIOS and as such, themed to, oh yes - a STUDIOS!

Think it ****ing through! ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's not the Studios theme I have a problem with...

It's everything else...

It opened with RnR... And... Yeah, that's it... Not even worth half a day there when it first opened...

Then the layout... God it's awful... They had no future planning in mind, hence why Tower is so close to the entrance, and the only way to expand backwards into the land they own is to remove the Tram Tour completely from it's current location...

For a Disney park, it's a piece of ****...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Thats your opinion, I personally think it's fantastic... But then when you do go over to the states, you tend to turn into a theme park knob.

Mark

Strata Poster
It doesn't make someone a snob Erol. Its the difference between seeing something done properly or not (in their opinion)

The layout for the DLP Studios has basically hampered any further development and takes away any real flow between the areas. However, I appreciate you think it is fantastic. I don't see it myself, but that is the beauty of personal opinion.

peep

CF Legend
I love the Studios but I agree it has its issues regarding the layout. However the layout is not going to stop them from expanding, they have plenty of room.

Anyway to keep this a bit more on topic. Here is a pic that was posted on Disney Central Plaza forum....

tspl01.jpg

It was taken last weekend. Shows that the rides are pretty much finished (the car was being installed this week on the half-pipe) and all that needs to be done is the theming around the area. Don't forget that they are saying it will be opening late August so it is still no where near completion.

marc

CF Legend
I am shocked how small the new area really is, the art work made it look so much bigger.

Seeing that a lot of that area will be taken up with a queue line I am just not sure this was a good idea.

Still its better than nothing.

I just hope they can link all the areas and not have sections where you branch off and have to walk back on yourself like Alton have done. Its nice to be able to walk from one area to the next.

Mark

Strata Poster
peep said:
I love the Studios but I agree it has its issues regarding the layout. However the layout is not going to stop them from expanding, they have plenty of room.

Apart from that minor pesky problem of the tram tour which cuts along right behind the new area and ToT...

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to seeing this complete, hopefully it is going to help 'drive' up visitor numbers. I do wonder if the queueline will remain open air though. The vast majority of rides tend to have a covered queueline.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mark said:
Apart from that minor pesky problem of the tram tour which cuts along right behind the new area and ToT...

Which is rubbish, so hopefully they'll remove it and place it in such a way as to open the rest of the park's land up more...

One can only help it gets the DCA treatment in the future...

Mark

Strata Poster
Indeed. It does make you wonder really.

DCA is getting the Little Mermaid thing, Cars Land and World Of Color...

Paris is getting a very small Toy Story land...

Fingers crossed they go nuts and get some of these great attractions soon ay...

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ No, UC, you got it wrong, thats not the finshed traan, there just puting the friam on.

:wink:

Anyways, I like that they're putting that track on, hopefully it'll look good and add to the attraction. It's a pretty nice touch.