What's new

RC Racer - Intamin Halfpipe - Walt Disney Studios DLP

Martyn B

CF Legend
Apparently, theres a strong rumour that the Tram Tour will be relocated/removed in the future, and a large lake will be built as the centre piece of the Studio's (where Tram Tour entrance is) and the world of colour show will be preformed there.

Tim

Roller Poster
UC said:
Nice theming on that train.

I'm just going to come right out and say "joke" before I get three pages of 14-year olds telling me "thats not the finished trane, their just putting the fraim on."

New floorless trains! Tell Sreamscape!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Hot Wheels track has started to appear....

dsc03984.jpg

Doesn't look great, I know, but remember, its ment to look like a toy, not a coaster :?

marc

CF Legend
Dlp is not run by Disney :) Dinsey are spending loads of money in their other parks to sort out his mistakes.

I would love to see Disney fully take over DLP and make some proper investment.

As for this ride I pray I never get loaded into the middle.

spicy

Giga Poster
I think it will look good with the rest of the area. In that picture it makes it stand out like a sore thumb.

Im looking forward to riding it, its something different and unique, dread to think of the queues this things going to have though.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
spicy said:
I think it will look good with the rest of the area. In that picture it makes it stand out like a sore thumb.

I think this is my main issue with the area as a whole, as looking through other pics of it from various parts of the park, it really does stand out...

Just dunno... I think it could be a decent enough ride, but just the park it's in is just... Meh...

A

Anonymous

Not a fan of all these Pixar lands :? Have nothing against Pixar but I'd rather see a new classic disney ride rather than a whole land based on a film. I'll leave Cars land out of this as a Route 66 theme is fitting in DCA but seeing this makes me sad for DLHK who will be getting the same Toy Story Playland within the walls of their Magic Kingdom park! :(

John Lasseter obviously loves his characters much like Walt loved his but they're being used in the park to the point of overkill in my opinion, to me the parks are not all about the characters so would rather see the space utilised for the older kids among us who want a signature disney ride- Using DLHK's other plans as examples Grizzly Gulch looks like a new age classic and Paris lacks these unique Disney park experiences...

When you compare the space of Paris to Orlando (Which used to operate as a studio) It'd have made more sense to put in the great movie ride over the studio tour- heck, The only thing that's any good on the studio tour in Paris is Catastrophe canyon so if they made it part of a walkthrough (like the preshow aspect at DHS) there's a whole heap of space they coulda saved for the trams... Then again, why save space when you're building crap like this?

With all that said and done, I'll probably still visit before the years out :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
For anyone wanting to visit in time, read the top post:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/vie ... start=1760

Soft openings from 11th August, according to that. Also, here's a few snippets about the Toy Story PlayLand:

@WDSFans: "Interesting Toy Story Playland article reveals more details"

Newsreel, an official magazine for The Walt Disney Company Cast Members, featured last month an interesting article on Toy Story Playland.

Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald reveals these interesting details:

- Benches are fashioned from Lincoln Logs
- Wall constructed of dominoes
- Trash cans designed to look like wooden blocks
- 14-foot-tall talking Buzz Lightyear action figure at one entrance
- Barrel of Monkey's at second entrance
- Tinkertoys lampposts
- Oversized holiday lights
- Andy's enormous but subtle footprints on the walkway
- Green Army Men Training Camp (queue) features life-sized green army men, a quonset hut, a plastic jeep, crates, a lookout station and a baby monitor.
- Cast Member costumes with oversized buttons.

Read the entire article here!