What's new

Project: Roller Coaster Updated

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Thanks! The main aim im going for is simplicity. Really all you do is curve the track into the desired shape and plonk it down! I'll try and remember to PM you, but alternatively you could just register at my forum and ill send an email out to all registered members when i release it. Hopefully a mod will make an announcement thread for me if they're feeling nice!

Also, a massive weight has been lifted... i fixed the nightmare bug at about 3pm this afternoon! Hooray!

I'm also implementing a new feature which will allow for slightly more interesting elements/inversions which will let the player become a lot more creative than the previous system!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Also, i've recently been considering putting a flying coaster in the game:

pretzelloop.png

Ollie

CF Legend
Can't wait for this to be released. It certainly looks good fun and it's been interesting following you make it since you began the project. :)

Slash

Giga Poster
MAKE THE FLYING COASTER!

I'd try and aim to do what no one has done before, do every main type of modern coaster (that would be hard though).

This is awesome, I can't wait to see this finished, and if you need a test pilot, please, I'll volunteer no matter how big the risk :--D!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Introducing the mascots

Fortunately, when you tackle a level in Project: Roller Coaster you won't be alone. You can pick one of three mascots to help you out. Each mascot brings specific benefits to help you out, and they can even give a hint or two when you begin the level!

Mr. Pembleton
This old balloon is very wise. His technical skills allow you to build a longer roller coaster, as he gives you more track length to play with.

Chaingear
A powerful cog, he allows you to build a longer chain lift to haul your roller coaster high into the sky. This will allow your ride to be faster and more forceful! If the ride is launched, he will allow you to build a longer and more forceful launch strip.

Candyfloss
This crazy treat will give you a different benefit on each level! It's always a good idea to check out what his bonus is on each level in case it's just what you need!

mascottrio.png

jokerman

Giga Poster
Those pictures are great.

I'm just wondering whether you should be adding all this stuff, or whether you should be finishing the simple stuff, and getting it tested by people?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Don't worry, this gameplay element was planned from the start, and just adds some variety so if you play a level twice, it has a bit of a twist the second time if you choose a different mascot!

Essentially, all it does is adjust how much track of different types you have to play with!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Hooray! I'm finally happy with the physics in the game! Currently, i think things go ever so slightly faster than in real life, but im happy with it.

I made an Oblivion clone, and that made a max speed of 73mph, which i think is acceptable (Oblivion goes 68mph). And yes, that mean's i've finished work on the Dive Machine and the holding brake is fully functional! You can't set the timer on it and it's set to 1.5 seconds which i think is fairly realistic. If people REALLY want it so you can change the timing, ill make that possible.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like the mascots.

NickkyG said:
Hopefully a mod will make an announcement thread for me if they're feeling nice!

I can do one better than that. I'll drop you a PM.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Hooray! It's the world's first lie-to-fly pretzel loop!

lietoflypretzel.png

This might make some of you cringe, but it is infact a launched flying coaster :p i think that's quite an inventive idea. Of course, when you play the game you can choose between lift hill and launch, depending on what is available on that level.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I'm afraid not :( i've been pretty busy with driving lessons and general life. With Project: Roller Coaster i've just been fixing fairly boring behind the scenes stuff.

I have, however, got the music for the trailer sorted out, so i'll record that when all the graphical glitches are fixed.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I've started to upload details of the coaster types to the websites with nice chunky images! The most recent type i've finished the the eurofighter (complete with Speeds colour scheme) and it looks rather tasty going round! The only thing i regret is that the game only supports 1 train per ride, so the eurofighter car looks a little lonely going round on its own. There's always a sequel though!

Coaster types:
http://projectrollercoaster.co.uk/index.php?page=prc&sub=coasters

Pierre

Strata Poster
Any idea on a release date on this mate?

Been following it (not closely as of late) and its definitely something I'd like to get my hands (or arrow?) on!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I'm afraid not :( i've been pretty busy with other stuff recently but it's slowly getting there!

The latest update is the Blitz Coaster (like maverick) complete with LSM launch (the previous launch coaster was Top Thrill Dragster style).

blitzcar.png

A

Anonymous

This game have really developed into something really nice.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Very slow still :( i'll get there eventually.

hypercar.png

B&M Hyper Coaster cars (Diamondback style cars) are in the game.