What's new

Project Coma

Xpress

Strata Poster
Okay, so I was tossing ideas around, and this one just stuck, so I tried Newton2 and didn't get any exciting results. Not enough control. Then I went with FVD's and tada..

coma1.png

Was listening to Coma by Guns N Roses. And the colors.. Well, I figured those blues.

EDIT

New project name/layout. Go to last page for details

Snoo

The Legend
I just feel like the train is too long for that.. might just be me.

But who cares, you'll never finish it..

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I love your optimistic attitude! :lol:

It looks good so far. The only thing I can see wrong is the pullout of the drop looks a little small, but that might just be the angle.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I thought Intamins were known for insane ejector airtime? That hill looks very drawn out. Also, the crest of the lift doesn't look right...

RCF

Strata Poster
^ I agree. It just doesn't look right. Oh and CMonster, you may (Note: I said MAY Xpress so don't freak out) see soon enough.

nealbie

CF Legend
Really needs to be 4 cars in the train, 5 at the most. And the hill's far to wide, with the bottom looking almost deadly.

But other than that, I um..... like the colours?

Xpress

Strata Poster
-1.0 ejector on that..

Went up to -1.1.

Reshapped, and added a cool flowing turn:

coma3.png

Asked one guy who is an intamin whore, and he said the shapping seems right for the elements sofar. Grabbing tips from him through the whole process, so hopefully it'll turn out to be a cool intamin :D

Oh yeah, first drop = +4.5g.

And i'm trying something else out. Usually, I would play with the track and whatnot untill I got the shapping right then went right onto the next element, and eventually lost interest. This time, I'm taking a slower approach. Adding a section a day.

nealbie

CF Legend
The airtime hill looks a lot better from that angle, still unsure about the pullout from the main drop, but if you're going for a forceful one as you said then that's understandable.

Try it with smaller trains, 7 seems a bit much (I know GeForce has 7 but still, give it a go), use 4/5 maybe?

I do like it though, sorry about my other post, re-reading it makes me look much more like an arse than I intended :lol:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Reshapped

shapping

Reshaped.

Shaping.

Anyway, I think this actually looks really good. I like the original layout. I agree with most people about the train length. You do need to knock a couple of the cars off.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Why do people keep saying he needs to knock cars off? Most Intamin coasters are that long.. even small ones, look at Rita etc.

I'm afraid I really don't like your coaster's first drop though Xpress, it doesn't look at all right.

nealbie

CF Legend
Crazycoaster said:
Why do people keep saying he needs to knock cars off? Most Intamin coasters are that long.. even small ones, look at Rita etc.

By all means use examples. Just correct ones ;)

p12193.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Crazycoaster said:
Infact it has SEVEN cars =O thats a whole EXTRA car to what Xpress has.

Sorry for being pedantic, but Xpress' does has seven. Same as G-force.

Anyway, I think it needs less as it looks like it's going to be quite a compact ride, and due to that, the forces may get too strong in the back cars.

I mean, Xpress may do fine with it, but we're only giving out opinion, we're not saying he has to.

nealbie

CF Legend
Mine was funnier though :p

And no Crazycoaster it doesn't back up your point. 5 is more than adequate, I would prefer 4, as this coasters seems to look like a custom version, not to tall, all about airtime and forces?

So 5 tops, I'm sure Ash would agree with me :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Yeah, like I said in my previous post, it doesn't look like it's going to be a larger hyper like G-force, more Custom Mega-Lite.

Just our opinions.