What's new

Project Coma

nealbie

CF Legend
It's more the case that this looks to bear similar characteristics to the Mega-Lite (and yes to EGF as well), but as you said so yourself it is small. So as such the train needs reducing in length in order to prevent it looking like an out of proportion kiddy coaster train ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Not in the editor ATM, but I do know some things:

151ft.
65mph
7 cars looked better than 6...

Idk, might change to 6 later on, but for now, the forces work good.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok, many things.

1. I can tell that even from that angle that the hill is uneven. Save the element, insert it in a new track, make it even, and re-insert it in your track.

2. The crest wasn't changed at all.

3. You don't know an "Intamin whore" and we don't care if you do.

4. This is and INTAMIN. They do turns like this:

p1061.jpg

Not like this:

KingsIslandDiamondback.jpg

These are some suggestions, but I'm sure they won't be taken into consideration.

Xpress

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
Ok, many things.

1. I can tell that even from that angle that the hill is uneven. Save the element, insert it in a new track, make it even, and re-insert it in your track.

2. The crest wasn't changed at all.

3. You don't know an "Intamin whore" and we don't care if you do.

4. This is and INTAMIN. They do turns like this:

5. These are some suggestions, but I'm sure they won't be taken into consideration.

1. FVD, NOT hand:

coma4.png

Comparing with this for approximation.

2. Again, FVD. It flows fine.

3. Do not assume anything. I know a guy who's life revolves around intamins. All he's made is intamins, and the shapping with his tracks is spectacular.

4. Yes I know, and who cares if I put half a hammerhead into an intamin? It's an Intamin, practically anything can be done and look realistic.

5. Says you :p

Brookes

Giga Poster
Hill looks fine to me and I think 7 cars is ok seeing as it looks more like EGF than a mega-lite type, and surely you can put anything onto a coaster seeing as that is the point of making your own coasters. "Oh no I can't have any inversion other than an immelmann on this dive machine I'm making because B&M don't make them like that oh no." No coasters would be unique if you stuck to exactly the same turns etc.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Xpress said:
4. Yes I know, and who cares if I put half a hammerhead into an intamin? It's an Intamin, practically anything can be done and look realistic.

Is this coming from the same Xpress that said this:

Xpress said:
I hope you're not going for realism with this one. That first drop off the lift is a no no for a dive coaster. It needs a section of track to kill the speed beforehand.

Xpress said:
Yes, I know leighton. It's entirely possible, however not likely to be built by B&M.

Xpress said:
Don't know if you have noticed but all 5 of the B&M dive coasters out there use a turn before they approach the holding chain. If you want realism, then build the ride like so. But untill B&M does something like Arly is doing, then I don't believe it to be realistic.

Quoted from this topic over a year ago:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23019&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=28

By your own rules, you cannot put a hammerhead into this coaster until Intamin do it themselves.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Leighton said:
Xpress said:

Is this coming from the same Xpress that said this:

Xpress said:
I hope you're not going for realism with this one. That first drop off the lift is a no no for a dive coaster. It needs a section of track to kill the speed beforehand.

Xpress said:
Yes, I know leighton. It's entirely possible, however not likely to be built by B&M.

Xpress said:
Don't know if you have noticed but all 5 of the B&M dive coasters out there use a turn before they approach the holding chain. If you want realism, then build the ride like so. But untill B&M does something like Arly is doing, then I don't believe it to be realistic.

Quoted from this topic over a year ago:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23019&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=28

By your own rules, you cannot put a hammerhead into this coaster until Intamin do it themselves.

That was old xpress. This is new Xpress, the Xpress that has sided with the later 2009 versions of companies.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Stone Cold said:
I don't see 2009 Intamin running round with hammerheads or plans to implement hammerheads

As long as the 'New' Xpress doesn't moan about someone making a B&M 2ft higher than has been previously done before, I will stop bitching.. :)

Btw.. do we mean Blackpool 'New'? or Real world 'New'? :p

Xpress

Strata Poster
America new. ;)

coma5.png

So, in a way it is a hammerhead, and in another way, it's an interesting turnaround.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Not heartlined yet. That is the raw FVD track file.

So, here's my predicament:

coma6.png

I've got this much. I've been tossing ideas around, but I have no idea what to do next. I was contemplating an S-hill, but then I also have been playing with adding a helice into there, then twisting it around the second ejector hill. Ideas?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^
One helix.

Two helices.

There is no singular helice. Simple.

A

Anonymous

I think the web link gives it away, this isn't a Spanish board...

Xpress

Strata Poster
But who says we can't speak spanish? I use spanish phrases all the time, and it's not just because I live within 10 miles of the border..

Whatever, I'm still playing with ideas there, and a heliX is one of them..