What's new

Project Coma

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I really do like that layout. I look forward to riding it. I hope the 3D's will be good aswell.

I just hope NL2 allows you to create tunnels (or, at the very least, ditches) since I suck at 3Ds.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^^Thanks! :)

^Thanks! And I started to make my 3Ds by firstly making a support structure around the specific elements. Getting the supports to pass tunnel test and all first, then exporting the track to 3Ds and removing the tracks so the supports are just left leaves you with an outline where to make your 3Ds. Since Wings 3D allows you to connect edges, that can really help (use the L beams for that ;) ) :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Small update. Made my first FVD overbank. Previous overbanks i've tried to make have come out real shoppy.

coma14.png

Banking is 110*.

Got a bit of layout left to do, and plenty of speed to make it a solid ending.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Another small update. Making some sections here to see what goes well. Been using a Newton2 a lot lately, and am getting multi time zone forces down pretty well. The shaping they can do is just incredible.

coma15.png

That entire section will be changed though, but the low turns will be kept (the turn in the far background in the middle is at the model ground level).

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I like the turns, but the hammerhead looks wrong. It would be lovely on a B&M, but on an Intamin? No. As you said though, it'll be changed.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Actually, it's an overbanked turn. Funky angle. And i've figured out how to make much better and flowing transitions, as well as making much better overbanks.

I've been working with a friend (who knows N2 like the back of his hand) on some interesting designs lately using a lot of the banking/force types in N2, so some interesting rides will be released in the future ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't like the section where the train is where it goes under the overbank, I don't know why it just doesn't look right!

Everything else looks fantastic!

Xpress

Strata Poster
^I see where you're comming from..

I've been slowly working my way over to Newton 2, so I may just forget the whole FVD thing for this track, and make it in Newton2.

Also, I'm not happy with how the layout has turned out now. Going to probably toss in some 3ds blocks to stand in for buildings, arrange them in an order I like, and then wind the track around them, just to see how it turns out.

A

Anonymous

Looks very cool. It has this kind of Maverick charm to it without ripping it off completely. But for the love of god, please correct that misspelling. It annoys me vastly. lol