What's new

PortAventura | Angkor | Mack Splash Battle

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: PortAventura New Attraction 2014

I'm actually excited to see how they theme this and what the ride actually IS.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

According to people that went to FITUR (Madrid's tourism trade show), where Spanish parks tend to show their new attractions, PortAventura has presented their 2014 ride.

Splash battle it is then. The ride is billed as the longest splash battle in the world with a layout of 300 metres. The title "Aventura en el Reino Perdido" (translated "Adventure in the Lost Kingdom") seems quite generic. Hopefully, it won't be the final name of the ride, and just an addition to "Erawan", just like "Expedition to the Himalayas" was an addition to "Shambhala".

Pictures:

1601205_584511158285801_399904572_n.jpg

1530537_621499231219951_1406834054_n.jpg

Source of the pictures: ElBlogdeDream

Yay. Not. :?

spicy

Giga Poster

Well its gonna be the best splash battle built yet I would have thought. We know it will be very well themed because its at PA and if its the longest in the world will be fun in the hot Spanish weather. However your arms certainly going to ache spinning the water gun in this long layout :lol:

Seems a shame to take up such a big plot with this though, can't help but think these sort of rides would be better off in water parks and would have maybe suited Costa Caribe better.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Update:

The ride's name will be "Angkor - Aventura en el Reino Perdido" and will be themed to Cambodia.

Some specs:
- Manufacturer: Mack rides
- Ride time: 10 minutes
- Boats: 14 boats (sitting 8 people)
- Capacity: 726 pph

Bel732tCMAA6sgT.jpg:large

image011.jpg

See the reminiscence?

img0701ec.jpg

Some more artworks:

image007.jpg

image009-300x168.jpg

Source: ChannelParks.com

peep

CF Legend

The artwork is beautiful but I can't help feeling disappointed about the ride choice. I assume it will be more a shoot water at targets to set off effects? Seeing as there doesn't appear to be areas to hit other riders.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Well there's still the worlds biggest water coaster for next year, for the 20th birthday.

andrus

Giga Poster

10 minutes is a very long time for a splash battle ride, I would be bored to death halfway through! :lol:

Edit: I was hoping for the new Mack rafting style ride. I knew that it probably wouldn't be, but still a bit dissapointed :(

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Here's another artwork showing the new area:

1390479582812.jpg

Source: elPeriódico.es

BTW, could some mod change the topic title to include the name and model, please? :)

Lofty

CF Legend

I think it looks fantastic. I'm a fan of splash battles though to be fair.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I believe PA will keep to the concept artwork so it's going to look great.

300mtrs is about 1/5 mile...just imagine how knackered you'll be after turning those water guns for 10mins! That's three times longer than Battle Galleons at Alton Towers! Although Angkor will be probably be full of scenic ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rich210uk

Mega Poster
It will be well themed but a disapointing choice of ride. Splash Battles completely pass us by, we barely notice them and never go on them. This isnt going to draw us back to PA this year.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ To be fair, do you really think PA care about such a minority (coaster enthusiasts) of their general public not coming back? They're adding a family ride that will have a wide appeal to a different market than Shambhala did the last two years. It's actually a good business choice.

Lofty

CF Legend
Love it. I can't wait for the final images with paint effects and the super clean water of PA <3