What's new

PortAventura | Angkor | Mack Splash Battle

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Didn't see a thread about this anywhere, so here you go.

217295d1377207570-2014-neuheit-familienattraktion-port-aventura-spanien-fft8.jpg

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: PortAventura New Attraction 2014

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Would be cool to see PA's take on a modern dark ride concept though!

Yeah... I'm just not a big fan of dark rides. I know a lot of people are though, so I guess it wouldn't be a bad addition to the park. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend

Anybody know any more details about this? Like, whereabouts in the park it might go, etc?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

It's going here:
image_1409.jpg

Rumour says it's family water ride, so my guess is a splash battle or something like this:
image_1410.jpg

JamesB

Mega Poster

They really don't need anymore water rides at the park, think they have 3 as it is. Much prefer a dark ride but it's quite a big area for that.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Thorpe Park has 5 water rides, 3 isn't even that bad.

If it's a well themed and fun water coaster, it'll be a nice addition. Hopefully it'll make the Shambhala area look a lot less bland and gross!

peep

CF Legend

Personally I'm hoping for a dark ride (especially due to the size of the area) because Temple of FIRE is amazing, I'd love to see what they'd do for a dark ride.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

JamesB said:
They really don't need anymore water rides at the park, think they have 3 as it is. Much prefer a dark ride but it's quite a big area for that.
Ethan said:
^ Thorpe Park has 5 water rides, 3 isn't even that bad.

If it's a well themed and fun water coaster, it'll be a nice addition. Hopefully it'll make the Shambhala area look a lot less bland and gross!

It is not a bad things to have lots of water rides. Thorpe's ones just happen to be ****, with the exception of Loggers Leap. However, the ones at PA are very good (rapids can be variable), so they don't really need another one, but i would love them to get water coaster, maybe Divertcial style.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I've heard that the reason they got Shambala is because they have hired somebody that used to work at Europa Park, and that Silver Star was extremley succesful there. They wanted the same sucess at Port Aventura.

On my visits to Europa Park Poseidon has been equally popular as Silver Star, so maybe there's something about the water coaster rumour.

And with the climate that this park has, I don't think they can have to many water rides.

I personally would prefer a splash battle though, those are really fun rides.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
I literally never thought I'd see an enthusiast say that...

Well obviously you need to be a few funny people on the boats, but if you have that then you can have one hell of a good time IMO.

A water coaster is also fun, but not as fun as I have had on some splash battles.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Splash battles are gash. Even on hot, busy days I've never seen one with more than a five minute queue.

Awful idea.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Didn't see a thread about this anywhere, so here you go.

217295d1377207570-2014-neuheit-familienattraktion-port-aventura-spanien-fft8.jpg
That sign looks like it's on the "hidden" pathway between the Mexico/Maya and China areas. There's a big building there that could be used to house a dark ride and made to look like the temple on the left side of the sign. I'm putting my pesetas on a dark shooty maze dark ride.

Lofty

CF Legend

Hoping for a darkride. They're in dire need of a good quality one (Templo Del Fuego is NOT a darkride).

Lofty

CF Legend

Can I ask how a badly photoshopped image means it's a Splash Battle?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^ Is that the actual construction area though? If so, it's huge. It's either going to be a whole new area with a number of smaller attractions or one massive new ride.