What's new

PortAventura | Angkor | Mack Splash Battle

Lofty

CF Legend
I actually have a soft spot for Splash Battles. They're such good fun, apart from when your hand slips from the pump and you break your knuckle.

peep

CF Legend
Robbie said:
It feels somehow wrong that such great theming is being wasted on a splash battle.

This.

I really really hope there is a brilliant reason that this is a splash battle attraction (like some very cool, original, interactive elements because there's certainly no interacting with other guests).

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
peep said:
Robbie said:
It feels somehow wrong that such great theming is being wasted on a splash battle.

This.

I really really hope there is a brilliant reason that this is a splash battle attraction (like some very cool, original, interactive elements because there's certainly no interacting with other guests).
Have to admit, I disagree on this one. All three times I've been to Dollywood there were people crowding around River Battle shooting each other with the blasters from land. I even found a spot where you can hit a boat but the boat can't get you. I found it to be loads of fun. Not sure it would work well on this scale, but if it's anything like Dollywood's people are going to be lining up to use the land blasters.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand you either Peep. Do you mean that due to the size of this particular splash battle, it doesn't allow for interaction between the boats?

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura really show how theming should be done. This is going to be visually stunning, even if you don't enjoy splash battles at least this ones going to look amazing.

peep

CF Legend
Mysterious Sue said:
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand you either Peep. Do you mean that due to the size of this particular splash battle, it doesn't allow for interaction between the boats?

This. Surely the whole fun of a splash battle is trying to get the other riders wet? This one is set out in a way that I don't think there's any part of the ride where this will be possible?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
The park would have thought of things like this, surely? So I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Lofty

CF Legend
Based on the layout, there's at LEAST 4 points of interaction for boats. Which is more than most. Not mentioning the interaction with the queue and also the off ride effects that they stated are going to be in the attraction.

Ben

CF Legend
It reminds me of the **** Splash Battle at Phantasialand, which is just a boat ride with pointless guns and the biggest waste of space at that place.

At least PA have the space.

Also the theming is the least authentic or realistic Cambodian theming ever. I was pissed at Angkor Wat, true, but it weren't nothing like that there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
They're not really going for an Angkor Wat look specifically though, more a generic, overgrown, Angkor temple.

356_81127010187_4832_n.jpg

356_81127085187_6775_n.jpg

356_81127180187_1318_n.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster
^ Yup, and damnit I loved the Ta Prohm temple.

Personally I think this looks like an awesome ride!

Ben

CF Legend
That's what annoys me then, it's so generic. Generic is the perfect word for it.

It's just so... Tired.

Lofty

CF Legend
The colour of the rock really doesn't help the factor, the sandy colour rather than more greyscale.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The commercial in French has been released:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcaBk6uDcu0[/youtube]

And the ride looks like a Jungle Cruise knock-off.

In other news, the trough has been filled with water and testing has just started.

th720_c10bdd9fb2cd50bbecadfa13bb7da480.JPG

th720_791fa85ed31a84b43988fcc78b4a8186.JPG

th720_2c0a5a4b28b43f211c42027c7870815c.JPG

th720_0e57cf50ccd9ef16c74b38124bf7e939.JPG

th720_2868d7618a5207ba507bb644cea1bd2a.JPG

th720_dc4fd5858d250dfd2771fbf23ae05fe2.JPG

th720_766f2b4f4e7a226602859ef7b191bcbf.JPG

th720_f7df935735e51263cdca12844b179248.JPG

Source: PA-Community.com

nadroJ

CF Legend
Splash Battles are SO DULL <//3

I quite like the theming but it is generic. Disney did this 50 years ago, sort it out.