What's new

PortAventura | Angkor | Mack Splash Battle

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: PortAventura New Attraction 2014

Lofty said:
Can I ask how a badly photoshopped image means it's a Splash Battle?

That made me laugh more than it should have XD Maybe he means that if it were a splash battle that's what it would look like?

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah Gavin, it is the construction area. I think we're going to be looking at another smaller section of the park like Sesamo Aventura. It's not a bad thing to happen, even if it is just more family rides, I'd be happy with that!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:

Well you can look at the original photo if you want.

Sit and hope for something else, but no matter how you turn this around, a splash battle is exactly what it looks like.
222350d1377641777-2014-neuheit-familienattraktion-port-aventura-spanien-1236488_604589989592725_11477459_n.jpg

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
Lofty said:

Sit and hope for something else, but no matter how you turn this around, a splash battle is exactly what it looks like.
222350d1377641777-2014-neuheit-familienattraktion-port-aventura-spanien-1236488_604589989592725_11477459_n.jpg

could be one of those lovely circular boat ride things... :cry:

Lofty

CF Legend

_koppen said:
Lofty said:

I'm not sitting and hoping for anything else, I'm actually quite fond of Splash Battles. My point was; it's a bit ridiculous just saying "It's a Splash Battle" based on a layout created by land clearing...

Darren B

Giga Poster

Splash battles are gash! Why don't they just go with the Twist n' Splash, they're a hell of a lot cheaper and much more fun. The one at PBB is awesome!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Thta's two posts on page 2 that begins with "Splash battles are gash".

Maybe splash battles are less gash in hotter countries?

Either way, meh.

peep

CF Legend

Well that's very disappointing if it is a splash battle :( They can be fun but their through-put is pants.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

That one extremely long splash battle if it is one. Look at the space this ride is going to take up, no way a splash battle would take up all that room!

ignace

Mega Poster

Am I the only one who actually likes Splash Battle's? I think they are fun. The ones at Parque Warner, Fraispertuis City, Plopsaland de Panne (20 min queue, not 5 minutes) and Heide Park are awesome. The twist and splash concept (which I did in Slagharen) was fun to.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Last weekend there was a Theme Park Enthusiasts convention held by the park. The park refused to give any details about the 2014 attraction. However, among the different presentations, there was one done by a Mack representative. The Mack guy showed a new concept that they are developing, although he didn't mention if any park had planned on building a prototype yet. It's a cross between a Splash battle/water coaster/white water raftings rapids ride with different ride profiles. It could be just a happy coincidence...

Here are some pictures of the presentation held by Mack:

1jpt62.JPG

1jpt63.JPG

dsc06841.jpg

dsc06840.jpg

Sources: PAFans and ThemeParkZone

10WaTT

Hyper Poster

Must admit, I've always had fun on a splash battle.
Of course we would all love another coaster of some kind but, another water ride of some kind won't hurt at all.
Personally I would prefere to see an indoor 5D shooter :)

Lofty

CF Legend

Yes. 5D is used to describe an interactive elements to the ride type:

2D - Generic Ride.
3D - Doesn't need explaining.
4D - The movement of the ride vehicle on different axis WITH 3D effects (Think Spiderman, Transformers etc).
5D - All of the above with interactivity between riders and the ride itself. This may be from shooting to wind blasts, audio, leg ticklers etc built into the ride vehicle.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

I think that new thing from Mack would be awesome but it is not likely to be built because it seems like it would cost a lot of money.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ It'd be an expensive ride, yes, but out of most of the European parks, PA are one of the few that would be able to afford something expensive.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

According to a website for trademarks, PortAventura just registered "Erawan". Since the park does not give any details whatsoever on the 2014 ride, we can only hope that this clue leads to the official name. The name refers to a Thai elephant that had many heads (from 3 to 33) but also to a lost kingdom in Laos with many waterfalls (this would make sense if water is the ceterpiece of the ride).

Also, now that the park is closed until April, updates will be scarce. Hopefully, the park will post some pictures and details because they are being overly secretive over the new ride.

This is the last picture, taken on January 5th by VideoReviewParks:

1555285_692221067489416_1636341482_n.jpg

Note to mods: could you move this thread to "Other Ride Construction" forum? :)