What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Ollie

CF Legend
^Can't you try taking them again? If not then just use the old 'print screen, paste into paint' method.

Jared

Hyper Poster
When looking in your NoLimits Root folder, on the menu along the top there should be a button that Says "Compatibility Files" the files you seek should be in there.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Hey, Every time I try use the track packager, it says something like 'runtime error 53, unable to find zlib.dll' and it closes the program, so I can't download any tracks which need the packager.

I googled zlib.dll and found a download site, and downloaded it, but it still comes up with the error.

Can someone help?

EDIT: Also, when running NL, both the simulator and even sometimes the wire mesh simulator run slow when I am running the trains on it. The proper simulator especially does this when it displays a lot of track, and/ or trains. I have a decent laptop (I can run a game called spore with fairly minimal problems) but no limits seems to lag really badly. I've set all the settings to the lowest graphics but that makes only slight changes...

It's quite irritating because I often can't tell if there is a patch of roughness or just lag, and my smoothing skills are not that great to begin with...

herbinator

Mega Poster
Textures?

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make custom textures for trains as I have been working on a project where that would be the finishing touch.

Thanks

NASHER

Roller Poster
much, much harder...can't really compare it to RCT as the building system is completely free, as opposed to limited by coaster type and 45* angles (you could make a 400 ft, 150mph launched Woodie with fifteen loops if you wanted too) and the construction system is through a CAD style wireframe editing programme (included in the download) rather than via a GUI in the simulator itself....this of course makes it a lot harder to use than RCT, and it may take you a couple of weeks before you can make something that you could even begin to describe as rideable, but once you have the hang of the software, you can take advantage of the extra freedoms, and make much smoother, more realistic rides than are possible in RCT.

Daniel Bill Kent

Mega Poster
NASHER said:
much, much harder...can't really compare it to RCT as the building system is completely free, as opposed to limited by coaster type and 45* angles (you could make a 400 ft, 150mph launched Woodie with fifteen loops if you wanted too) and the construction system is through a CAD style wireframe editing programme (included in the download) rather than via a GUI in the simulator itself....this of course makes it a lot harder to use than RCT, and it may take you a couple of weeks before you can make something that you could even begin to describe as rideable, but once you have the hang of the software, you can take advantage of the extra freedoms, and make much smoother, more realistic rides than are possible in RCT.

Cool, thanks mate. :)

One thing though, I downloaded the demo earlier, and it messed up big style on me.

Like froze, the sound was in sync but the image output was WAY too behind if you get me?

It's happened before when i downloaded it, but it's weird as this time I'm using a brand new computer, I just can't find the solution.

I'm pretty sure I also saw a message saying like "3D Smooth Runner" or something along those line not installed, bit of help anyone?

A

Anonymous

^ Looks like you have to update your graphics drivers on your computer.

A

Anonymous

Nope just the numpad one, but don't you have a fn button you can press to get a numpad?