What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Ollie

CF Legend
On my brothers computer when you go in the sim the camera goes all funny like the fish-eye-lens thing.
How do you turn it off and put it back to normal?

A

Anonymous

^ I guess that someone of you have played with the Field Of View button "F7", just press it a few times and it should get back to normal.
Could also be that he uses a resolution that don't have the same aspect ration as the screen.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
^Hardly. There is Maths involved, but it really is nothing complicated. I think Xpress slightly over plays the complexity of the Maths involved with the tools.

No, the proper term would be math. MathS while being plural, doesn't really make sense to a whole lot of people in the world. BUT, math is a singular and plural word.

The concept of using elementary may be confusing to people who firstly open it up. I mean, just look at the formula window when you make an element. Confusing, no? But with time, and a little bit of patience, the fog will clear, and it becomes easy, kinda like riding a bike- your first attempts are an epic fail without training wheels and in time, you want to start trying stuff.

Gazza

Giga Poster
No, I think maths is right.....It's a shortening of mathematics, and mathematics is a plural.
I've always said maths, and not math.

Xpress

Strata Poster
That would be "We're right, you're wrong".

And last time I checled, we invented internet slang, and are bigger than the Uk :p

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
On No Limits editor, what is the silver cross thing?

NoLim.jpg

A

Anonymous

^ It's the origin of the map, which marks the center of the coordinate system that is used in NL.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It marks the middle of the map, or the default start point of your ride.

Short post, I know, but there isn't really much more to say. To keep it from being a one-sentence post, I'll fill it with comments on how short my post is.

There, now it looks a little better. And you know, once you've got this far, it's too late to stop reading. You have to read every single word here, spending time that could be spent getting a drink, going to the toilet, reply to that MSN convo, or reading more interesting posts. But now, you're almost at the end, can't stop now. Just a little further...
Just a few more sentences...
There, that's the end.

Now, the post turned out a little more substantious than originally intended, but hey, this happens, right?

Good luck, TGW!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... I'd say, this should be an acceptable checklist:

1) Check the roll: If either of the nodes connecting to the piece have a roll different from 0, a twist is just natural.

2) Check the angle: If the lift - or any piece of track, for that matter - is vertical, then you must have Rel. Roll enabled. Otherwise, it'll in most cases end up as a mess.

3) Check Rel. Roll: Rel. Roll can screw up your banking quite much, if it's enabled in the wrong place.

4) Straightness: Check if the lift goes from A to B without any awkward C put in the middle.

Should be the main sources of unwanted twistyness.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Cheers^ :--D

Im 'trying' to make a eurofighter, and the lift was vertical, so i put rel roll on and, it worked! :--D

EDIT: Ive done the lift now im trying to make it from vertical to stright and its twisting again!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^If you're doing any sort of track that is vertical, or beyond I guess, then you need to have Rel. Roll checked.

It makes the banking the node relative the previous node. That way you can do vertical stuff etc.

I hope that makes sense.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Um I'm not sure if these two questions have already been asked, but,

On certain elements, the heartline seems to make a sort of v shape or go horrible, even when I try to smooth it out. How do I remove these little bits of roughness?

Is there any quick tutorial on timing trains, if I wanted to try making a duelling coaster?

Sorry if these questions have already ,been asked, I didn't fancy scrolling through 9 pages of forum..

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
1. What exactly do you mean? A picture would be worth a thousand words to quote the old cliché.

2. Practice. Use trim brakes to get the speeds about right.

Xpress

Strata Poster
That's because of the bankings. You're not using even segment length when you use "CON-ROLL" or continuous rolling. It's important to use even segment length with bankings to produce an even and smooth elemnt.