What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

A

Anonymous

Pokemaniac said:
^Why would he pirate the demo? That's free of charge.
i know geez i want the demo running befor i buy the game :\ and it dosnt work..... only the old version on NL

A

Anonymous

Error said:
Guessing it's one of three things:

1) Graphics card can't handle it/no driver is installed (You haven't told us the graphics card, so therefore we cannot tell you what to do about it)
2) The install file is corrupted, in which you need to redownload it, remove all traces of nolimits, reinstall
3) The program has a virus attached to it/lacks all the game data. Run a detailed scan in that folder to see if NoLimits has a friend. This is to assume that you aquired it by "other means"
kk idk were to veiw what drivers i have and all that so thats why im asking for help if i did know this stuff i wouldnt be her... do u know were to veiw your drivers or versions?

kimahri

CF Legend
Run a DXdiag.

Just go to run in the start menu and type DXdiag.

Then click on the Display tab and it will tell you your graphics card and drivers in there.

A

Anonymous

^^ And please use proper grammar, it makes it easier for everyone to read your posts.

A

Anonymous

Error said:
Guessing it's one of three things:

1) Graphics card can't handle it/no driver is installed (You haven't told us the graphics card, so therefore we cannot tell you what to do about it)
2) The install file is corrupted, in which you need to redownload it, remove all traces of nolimits, reinstall
3) The program has a virus attached to it/lacks all the game data. Run a detailed scan in that folder to see if NoLimits has a friend. This is to assume that you aquired it by "other means"
i got
DirectX 10.0 (4.10.0000.5512)
and my main driver is nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0011.0133
kk there i hope thats it.

Error

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
You gave me the wrong one in the first place. Had to uninstall it, and get the CORRECT one.

For someone who knows everything about everything, why would you need help in the first place? And I can't be held responsible for something I didn't touch nor install. I gave you the link to the driver I assumed it was based off the information given. Be like selling you a gun and blaming me when you pulled the trigger...

Anyways, you still haven't given a brand or device that is a graphics card. Follow what I wrote a few posts back:

Error said:
Start>Controll Panel>(classic settings)System>Hardware>Device manager>Display Adapters

And you should get this:
untitled-2.png

Tell us what that says on your PC.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Hello there.

I've recently got back into Nolimits and have decided to use some tools to help me, I'm using the Elementary tool to aid in building some rides. I have got the grasp of the basics, yet trying to make a top for my lift hill has really stumped me.

I have an angle of 30deg ascent and want it to level out flat. In the window the track piece I get seems to double back on itself over the start and twist 180deg instead of coming up and flattening out level.

Does any one have any ideas how I could sort this out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ollie

CF Legend
I wouldn't have a clue on how to use tools.
Most people here prefer to hand built their tracks as they find they get more satisfaction out of the finished ride rather than letting a computer doing all the hard work for you.

Find the member called Xpress. He always goes on about them and uses tools for almost all his rides.
Send him a PM and he'll probably be able to help you.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Hi there, I've decided to ditch the tools so will try building by hand.

Now the only problem I find, is that whatever I save in Nolimits, be it a track file, element, video or screenshot I cant find it on my computer - yet I can open it through Nolimits (the track file and elements)

I've tried searching through the start menu and I find it, I click to open it to which I'm told it's a dead link and the file can't be found.

Any ideas anybody? Sorry to be a pain again!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^You've got the Vista problem, and I think I've got a way to handle it without too much trouble.

First, have your PC search for an NL-file. Be it a trackfile, element, screenshot or video. Specifically ask it to search everywhere. That's because the files are stored in the Temp files for some reason, and those aren't accessible by normal means.

If you've done it right, the search will come up with your file. Right click on it, select "open file placement". You'll be directed to a folder containing all your lost files. Make a shortcut to that folder, and use it when you want to access the files. Repeat for the three other file types. It's wise to store all shortcuts in the same place.

Should be it. Don't hesitate to ask if you don't get it.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^You've got the Vista problem, and I think I've got a way to handle it without too much trouble.

First, have your PC search for an NL-file. Be it a trackfile, element, screenshot or video. Specifically ask it to search everywhere. That's because the files are stored in the Temp files for some reason, and those aren't accessible by normal means.

If you've done it right, the search will come up with your file. Right click on it, select "open file placement". You'll be directed to a folder containing all your lost files. Make a shortcut to that folder, and use it when you want to access the files. Repeat for the three other file types. It's wise to store all shortcuts in the same place.

Should be it. Don't hesitate to ask if you don't get it.

Thanks for the reply, this method does not work though, when I click to open the file location it just brings up my 'recent' folder. Then when I click the desired icon it still says it can't be found.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... that's a version of the problem I've never encountered. If so, I have only a very partly solution.

I assume you need the tracks outside NL, to share them. When in NL, you can choose "open file", find your file, right-click, then "send to" - "documents". You'll find them there.

However, this won't work for pictures and videos. I have never tried with elements, so I'm not sure whether that works or not. But it'll work for tracks.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Thank you once again, I will bear that in mind for when and if I ever complete a project!

At the moment I'm more bothered about the video/screenshot problem, I'll keep on searching to see if I can sort it.

Xpress

Strata Poster
For hill crests in elementary, you can either use HSAK to make your hill crest, and rotate it in purgatorium, or you can use the Hill Wizard. I have done both, and I prefer HSAK is at gives you a lead-in, and a lead-out if you want one (most drops do).

What you do for the hill wizard is you have to enter the entrance angle, subtracted from 180, so for a 30º entrance angle, you need to input 150º. The exit angle should be set to 180º for a level exit, or if you want a 30º exit, you set it to 210º. You see?

HSAK hills are much harder, so PM me if you really want to know about that. Tools are fun to play around with. They won't do anything you don't command of them, and there's a lot of math involved with them, whereas with handbuilding you use minimal math.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Hardly. There is Maths involved, but it really is nothing complicated. I think Xpress slightly over plays the complexity of the Maths involved with the tools.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Xpress - thank you for the information over the tools - I now know where I was going wrong.

Edit 28/03/09
Pokemaniac - I've figured out the problem with my screenshots and videos. Messing around on the computer and for some reason my user (which is the only one on my pc) did not have full permission to write files into the Nolimits directory. So afew right clicks and a couple of changes under the security tab I can now save and view any track/element/video or picture file in that directory.