What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Lain

Giga Poster
Thanks very much, Poke! I don't know how I missed that topic.

Also, I apologise if my previous post seemed a bit aggressive, t'wasn't intended!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Circle building requires a plentiful ammount of experience. One way I ensure perfect circle turns is to make the nodes approximately the same length, and use 7-8 of them every 180*. I then adjust the node handles so that they are all about the same length, then continuously adjust and smooth untill the turn is smooth. Also, circle 3Ds are NOT in any form or fasion a tool for NL. Tools are programs specifically created to alter the track, or to create a track- not to help with designing and smoothing.

A

Anonymous

pokemaniac said:
First, I tried to "circulate" a turn around the heartline. And the track became really pumpy.
Going by the heart-line is the best option, since it gives you an instant heart-line to the track, it also gives you another advantage, you can "turn off" the heart line in the "Display" menu which makes it easier to tweak the objects (since you get less distractions).
You can "circularize" around anything you like really as long as you just do straight airtime hills, drops, etc.

pokemaniac said:
Can anyone write a short guide on how to use the track shapes, and/or where to use which?
By anyone I guess you mean me :--D

I might add something about it in the Circle thread. :roll:

A

Anonymous

HELP ME PLZ

hi i just got nolimits simulator and when i try to ride a ride like kumba for an example it would load then game would crash asking if i want to send error report. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: want to play nl so bad! :x just gets me fustrated.

kimahri

CF Legend
Xpress said:
Circle building requires a plentiful ammount of experience. One way I ensure perfect circle turns is to make the nodes approximately the same length, and use 7-8 of them every 180*. I then adjust the node handles so that they are all about the same length, then continuously adjust and smooth untill the turn is smooth. Also, circle 3Ds are NOT in any form or fasion a tool for NL. Tools are programs specifically created to alter the track, or to create a track- not to help with designing and smoothing.

I made a corner that was surprisingly smooth on my first attempt at circle building.

Not that hard thanks to loefet.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Most have trouble building with circles I find. This is based off of a "study" performed over several years experience with helping our n00b friends.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ RIGHT... I'd love to see this "Study"

Because I'm a bit of a n00b and I made a smooth turn first time, I think its just a case of how the person does the turn.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^It's a self "study", in which case I have only my own personal experience with helping countless n00bs out. That is why I call it a "study" using the "" marks ;)

And some people get it better then others obviously. It's like math. Some get it, others don't.

A

Anonymous

kk iv still have not fixed my problem yet iv tried to do some update but they all fail any body have a clue what to do for me im so confused. :evil:

A

Anonymous

^ What kind of system are you running?

Sounds a bit that you have some problems with you graphics drivers or something.

Xpress

Strata Poster
101ownz101 said:
kk iv still have not fixed my problem yet iv tried to do some update but they all fail any body have a clue what to do for me im so confused. :evil:

Soo, you start the sim, and it crashes? Sounds either like your graphics card doesn't have the proper driver, or your card just can't handle NL.

A

Anonymous

loefet said:

Sounds a bit that you have some problems with you graphics drivers or something.
i have windows xp. but idk what or were to get drivers.

Xpress

Strata Poster
101ownz101 said:
loefet said:

Look for a graphics driver from the company that makes your graphics card. Usually they will have the downloads for the driver on their website.

Error

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
101ownz101 said:
loefet said:

Look for a graphics driver from the company that makes your graphics card. Usually they will have the downloads for the driver on their website.

Says the guy who installed the wrong one :roll:

Make sure you have a 3D accelerator installed, along with RAM amount and processor speed. If it's too low, then you can't run the game no matter what.

What graphics card to you have? (Start>Controll Panel>(classic settings)System>(Processor Speed and RAM under "Computer")>Hardware>Device manager>Display Adapters) I run a GeForce 2 with 512mb of ram, and have everything set to it's absolute minimum to get it to run without scenery.

A

Anonymous

Error said:
Xpress said:
101ownz101 said:
loefet said:

Make sure you have a 3D accelerator installed, along with RAM amount and processor speed. If it's too low, then you can't run the game no matter what.

What graphics card to you have? (Start>Controll Panel>(classic settings)System>(Processor Speed and RAM under "Computer")>Hardware>Device manager>Display Adapters) I run a GeForce 2 with 512mb of ram, and have everything set to it's absolute minimum to get it to run without scenery.

kk i have Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002

then down a lilbit is

Lenovo
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
2.19 GHz. 1.96GB or ram

Error

Strata Poster
Guessing it's one of three things:

1) Graphics card can't handle it/no driver is installed (You haven't told us the graphics card, so therefore we cannot tell you what to do about it)
2) The install file is corrupted, in which you need to redownload it, remove all traces of nolimits, reinstall
3) The program has a virus attached to it/lacks all the game data. Run a detailed scan in that folder to see if NoLimits has a friend. This is to assume that you aquired it by "other means"

Xpress

Strata Poster
Error said:

You gave me the wrong one in the first place. Had to uninstall it, and get the CORRECT one.

And, 101ownz101, if you got NL by "other means", I sure hope you paid for your own registration key.