What's new

New Coaster For Paultons

Martyn B

CF Legend
But Chessington is a family, and it has plenty for the 'teenager' of the faimly.

I'm not 'attacking' Paultons, so dont get all angry, I'm just more suprised that they dont have any attractions for older guests.

But if what Furie says is true, and they are more than successful, then well done to them!

Ollie

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
Yeah, I know Movie Park in Germany has one with a bump but I didn't really know about the UK.
There is no others in the UK which is previously you had to go to Movie Park Germany to ride the nearest one.

Emmett

Giga Poster
These Disk'O's are pretty good. I did the one in Germany and was very impressed and the addition of the hill adds a bit more of a coaster feel to them. If they can add a bit of more theming to the area then this would be a good addition to their line-up.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
But Chessington is a family, and it has plenty for the 'teenager' of the faimly.

I'm not 'attacking' Paultons, so dont get all angry, I'm just more suprised that they dont have any attractions for older guests.

But if what Furie says is true, and they are more than successful, then well done to them!

In fairness, they have in recent years added a bit for the teenage market - Cobra, Disk-o and Waverunner - but at the same time they want to keep the family mark firmly in mind.

I don't think we'll ever see a 1.4 height limit ride at Paultons. And personally I hope we don't. I've been going to this park since I was five years old. They added some new rides but the place still feels the same. It's almost as if when I visit the park, I revisit my childhood.

It's probably the only "big" park in the UK that does exist solely for the family, albeit a few attractions that make it worthwhile for a late-teen/adult to visit.

Oriolat2 said:
Seriously, I think this might be a great addition for Paulton's. BTW, is this the first installation of a Disk'O with a hill in the UK? If so, great!

I never knew that. w00t!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Another update for you!

The ride's name will be announced today "or possibly tomorrow" on the park's website.

http://www.paultonspark.co.uk

I can't find anything on the site about the disko full stop.

richy_t

Roller Poster
I'm sure when they offically release the name it will have mixed reactions.

Anyway, it's been testing for a few days now and looks good. It was finally spinning today as well. Past few days it's been going but not spinning.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The park's website has been update and it comes with the name.

The Disko will be called "Edge". Not bad if you ask me, but, what's with the stats of the ride?
I really didn't know a Disko travelled its layout at 43 mph, that's quite a lot. Maybe they just put 'mph' instead of 'kph', which seems right.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I very much doubt Edge will go 43mph!

Nice logo:
edgelogo.gif

Perhaps they could buy any old merchadise off Thorpe :wink:

jaybuoy

Roller Poster
I think this will be a great addition to Paultons, I plan on visiting next year whilst I am in weymouth. The only problem with it is I dont like the location, its too close to Cobra. It will attract a lot of people to this area, when you should be attracting them to diffrent parts of the park, and not just the location of cobra!

Lofty

CF Legend
I kinda like the name Edge lol!

I love riding Navigator at Flamingo, and I can't actualy put my finger on why, I just think its the thought as you actualy overhang the track piece on full swing if you like!

jokerman

Giga Poster
^The water park is right in the middle of the park. It is very annoying as it means you have to go on loads of different paths at the moment to reach the rides on one side of the park.

43 mph is what they were all saying when I went there last week. The staff kept saying that it would go that fast. It might not be that the disk goes that fast, but if you add the speed of the spin to it then it might reach that at certain points.

Emmett

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
43 mph is what they were all saying when I went there last week. The staff kept saying that it would go that fast. It might not be that the disk goes that fast, but if you add the speed of the spin to it then it might reach that at certain points.

On the spec sheet from the Zamperla site the highest speed is 70kph (43mph) so they may be using this figure. It also says that it will generally travel between 30kph (18mph) - 70kph (43mph).

From the same model I was on in Movie Park its very hard to judge how fast you are going due to the spin, you would have to be watching off ride to get a better guess.