What's new

New Coaster For Paultons

Ben

CF Legend
I love it.

"THE EDGE! HIGH TECH! RIDE OF YOUR LIFE"

... and then this orange thing meanders past the camera at about 3 miles per hour.

xD

Mike

Giga Poster
If people are counting this as a credit, then I'm going to add every single metal-toboggan-things, Chessington's Monorail, Blackpool's Gold Mine and every Disk'O to my count! I'll be at 200 in no time at this rate. :D

richy_t

Roller Poster
The video doesn't do the rides speed and height justice at all. It looks a lot better in real life. The way the narrator speaks is to create an atmosphere and attract the kids, which it is doing. My cousins have seen it and think it's really good.

At the end of the day, the ride is for the families and children, if it's attracting them already, then it's a good sign or things to come in the future.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
LOL at the voiceover (as everybody has said). A really cheesy advert but it has made me more excited.

As richy_t said, it's aimed at kids, but I do detect some tongue-in-cheekness for the adults.

"Hi my name is Barry Scott! BANG! And the Edge is open!"

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i know this is off topic, but i can't help but notice that Google Ads is trying to sell me a Barry Scott T-Shirt thanks to Ian's post.

and... er... i'm going to Paultons this year, so i'll ride this. :?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh yeah, so it is. I hope you clicked it to see how much they are :wink:

richy_t

Roller Poster
Been on it 3 times today, it really is very good. I was surprised at the speed of it, looks slower in the video and real life, when you go on it, it's a really good ride. The camel back hill makes it a lot more fun, if you get the seat that hits top each time it gives a nice floaty sensation.

I recommend if anyone can go to Paultons this year, this ride and Cobra make it worth it!

:)

Slash

Giga Poster
Inverse said:
£14.95, including delivery.

Unfortunatly, i can't wear yellow, makes me look ill. :lol:

If you look to the side you can change the colour! I like Khaki the best. You know what I might buy it!

Oh, the Disk-O, right. Well it seems like a good addition to the park, its cheap and does something that will make kids squeal with delight.

It does what it says on the tin, but its a nice tin.

Pierre

Strata Poster
It actually looks really nice in pink.

I'll have to get to Paultons one year, it seems one of the more friendlier, quirky parks in the UK which I'd enjoy strolling around. A nice selection of rides, and now this addition too would make it a fun day.[/vague attempt to keep on topic.]

richy_t

Roller Poster
Edge opened today for the first time to the public at 12pm. I was operating it, it went brilliantly with no faults. Adults and children seemed to of loved it.

On the previous weekend just gone it was having staff rides, the staff seemed to be enjoying it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it open all the time now, or are they doing a few "soft openings"?

Steven

Giga Poster
Wow Paultons are really pushing the disk out with this one. (Play on words) Cannot wait for the live.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Lol, so this new ride had all its construction followed in this topic, yet never actually made it to the Ride Construction section!

Just watched that video for the first time, do they really do 43mph? Looks like its crawls over the amazing camel hump to me?