What's new

New Coaster For Paultons

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Paultons Park have confirmed they will have a new rollercoaster next season.

Park Preview were making enquiries about a new DVD they are producing which involves POVs of 80 rollercoasters in the UK.

Anyway, whilst asking Paultons for permission they were told that they can pencil in 4 rollercoasters at the park as they will be getting a new one next season.

I wonder if it will be a bigger investment than Cobra?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds like they have the almost same lineup as Djurs. A Gerstlauer Bobsled, a kiddie or two, and who knows how many flats...

*expecting wild Mega-Lite rumours*

Dave

CF Legend
Can we see some evidence to this claim? As so far its just words by another website.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Ooh I hope this is true because I've never been to Paultons before so it will be a great excuse to go there.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Dave said:
Can we see some evidence to this claim? As so far its just words by another website.

Well I imagine the email will be in the hands of the website owner.

Mardy isn't someone to make up crap and has a good relationship with Paultons following their visit to the park earlier this year.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Well it would make sence - Paultons has got a new coasters every 3 years since 2000. One for 2009 would just continue this trend.

I'll wait for some confirmation before I get my hopes up. I guess they'll be getting a smaller coaster, or atleast nothing bigger than Cobra, but who knows. :p It would be great if they could get one of the new Vekoma Inverted coasters with the lap bars, as they're very suited to families and great fun to ride.

Dave

CF Legend
I just heard from a staff member its a Disk'O Coaster. Theres a big advertisement by Cobra saying it.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Disk'O hmm? Well I suppose its a reasonable family ride, but knowing Paultons they'll run it on a really slow cycle. :p

Bit cheeky of them to try and advertise it as a coaster.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To the untrained eye it is a coaster I guess. Also a great investment.

Lain

Giga Poster
I really didn't like the big Disko thing at Movie Park. It kind of rattled and bounced over the hill, and caused much discomfort in my gentleman's area.

I guess it'll look intimidating and impressive to the public though.

marc

CF Legend
Yes they do look big and good. For a small park I think its a good investment if thats what it is.

richy_t

Roller Poster
Peter said:
Disk'O hmm? Well I suppose its a reasonable family ride, but knowing Paultons they'll run it on a really slow cycle. :p

Bit cheeky of them to try and advertise it as a coaster.

Peter, why would they run it on a slow cycle? Compare Kontiki to Griffons Galleon. All the rides are running at their near potential.

Who said Paultons is advertising it as a coaster? :S

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OFFICIAL PARK CONFIRMATION

You wanted answers, Ian gives it to you.

Director from Paultons Park said:
I can confirm that we are installing a Mega-Disko Coaster from Zamperla for the 2009 season (opens mid march 09) and is yet unnamed. We will also be opening a water splash play area - something that our guests have been requesting for a long time. So exciting times indeed!

So yes, the disk-o is confirmed (although the park is advertising it already so we're told!) and a water play area. Hopefully it'll be as good as Flamingoland.

Tbh, I'm more excited about the wet area than the disk-o. There's nothing like that in the south (and lets face it, it's a better place to have one than up north :p) so all in all great news.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yay, another Disk-O with a hump. What Joy. :roll:

And to think that I went to Germany to experience the nearest one. :p

marc

CF Legend
I think we have to remember what the park is, its a family park so the ride is great for it. The Disk ride in Adventure Island is very popular with families as this will be as well.

It will be the only one in the UK so thats also a good thing, they could have gone for a ride everyone else has.

I did not go on the one in Germany as I was not feeling good at that stage but I remember people saying they liked it.