What's new

New Coaster For Paultons

Dave

CF Legend
*bump*

Credit to South Parks member Laurence Wells

650e8g.jpg

The ride runs alongside the bunny hills of Cobra.

You will enter under the hill before the tunnel
b4izw1.jpg

Oh, also a new waterpark is being constructed in the park (well a water playground)
20sufjm.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
This park IMO is way too family orientated, I know thats how they should be, but they really need a proper thrill ride to attract thrill seekers, or to entertain the teenage children of the family.

Just something basic like a Eurofighter or Boomerang, or even just a Fabbri Wild Mouse.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's a bit like saying Disney should remake Snow White with extra bazookas to entertain the teen market who may go to see the film with their family.

Paultons is a children's park - it's advertised as such and it succeeds very nicely as such. They have a decent turnover, and a decent number of visitors of exactly the demographic they want. As a business, they are doing exactly what they want to do, and making money from it.

There's no point in investing several million on a ride which sits outside what they do. It would be an anomaly in their line up.

Paultons don't actually WANT teens or thrill seekers in their park. They want young families, and it's a spot on place for exactly that.

Dave

CF Legend
I'm 20 and I rate the park higher than Thorpe, so there. Don't think Thorpe don't want thrilling rides, Cobra was a massive step up for them in terms of size of the ride.

Jools

Giga Poster
This is Paulton's attempt to try and attract ME to the park
...not happening, something a bit bigger maybe...

(EDIT: Ment to put a " :p ")

A

Anonymous

That is you personally.
It is a park aimed at familys and younger thrills. People with familys possibly love this place.
Family Furie
And Kaz and the kids

Rush

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:
This is Paulton's attempt to try and attract ME to the park
...not happening, something a bit bigger maybe...

Sorry your highness, but Cedar Point won't let B&M build the 250ft, 17-inversion Floorless that they're getting next year at Paultons.

Jeesh what really does it take for people to be satisfied. Paultons is certainly changing. I mean this is an ideal ride for the slightly older market. It's not too intense so Paulton's can keep its family park status but it's also there to keep the older children entertained. I thoroughly enjoyed Flamingoland's Disk-O.

I think this is showing that Paultons really is starting to change. Before Cobra, was there actually much which appealed to the older kids? We've seen a new Wave Swinger, coaster and now this ride. I can see this ride benefiting Paultons greatly and it will look great there in my opinion.

Rush

Giga Poster
I agree with you but I just said that it was changing and I didn't mention about it changing to the thrill market. I don't think I made it clear but I mean it's appealing more to the older kids as well as keeping the family status which you said.

I'm saying before Cobra was put in, there was really not a lot for those who were a bit too old for most of the rides. I think the most 'thrilling' ride there was Stinger or maybe the Log Flume. However now with Cobra and a couple more slightly thrilling rides, there is more for the older children to do. I'm not saying teenagers of 15 & 16 but more for the 10 & 11 year olds.

That's the part which I'm saying is changing but I totally agree with you that Paulton wants to keep the family market and I'm pretty certain the ride will attract more families. I'm pretty tempted to have a visit now also.

Jools

Giga Poster
Bloody hell I thought I put a " :p "

I thought the people on this forum would know better :?

*holds on to chair tight to prepere being moaned at*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I know Ian has talked to the manager at Paultons and they have said they are firmly 'family'. Likewise, the chat I had with The Milky Way management earlier this year was exactly the same. They have bigger rides to extend their coverage of age ranges. Touching on the pre-teen market. So they can capture a whole family with all the kids under 12 or so.

Paultons and The Milky Way attract visitors who don't usually go to 'Theme Parks' because they think they're loud, brash and full of teens swearing. spitting and they only have huge scary roller coasters.

Generally about right. These family parks need to offer a good range of rides, but still sit in that happy family place. Cobra and the Disko would be laughed out of Thorpe, or even Alton. They would be taken begrudgingly by people here at Chessington even. At Paultons though, they're a family thrill ride and spot on.

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks cool, but I don't like the fact that they've had to demolish one of Cobra's grass hills to get the entrance in as the grass hills made the ride look nice. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
And it is a coaster. Even the manufacturer says so. :p
http://www.zamperla.it/

Zamperla Rides said:
Following the success of the introduction of Zamperla's new Disk'ò Attraction at IAAPA 2003, Zamperla is proud to introduce the Disk'ò Coaster. The Disk'ò Coaster utilizes the same innovative seat design of the original Disk'ò ride especially designed with a back restraint which leaves both arms and legs free to move), but also offers an awe inspiring, extended track with a camelback hump. The result is a new and unique roller coaster mixing together the effects of a roller coaster and a spinning ride. The Disk'ò coaster dynamic action offers passengers the incredible weightless sensation and delivers unbelievable G-forces as in the traditional Disk'ò. The 24 or 40 seats vehicle runs on an approx. 92 m. long track reaching a maximum speed of 70Km/h and drawing different trajectories at any time. From a top height of 15mt. the vehicle starts its wild run along the track concave section at a variable speed of 30 to 70 Km/h. In less than a second the vehicle reaches the top of the central hump at approx. 40 Km/h and gives passengers a strong negative acceleration for an incredible weightless sensation. The Disk'ò Coaster is the latest of many new ride projects from Zamperla aimed at drawing large crowds of thrill-seekers from a wide range of age demographics. For an eye catching family thrill ride, look no further than the new Disk'ò Coaster from Zamperla.

Steven

Giga Poster
I think Paultons is going the right way. It is an A class park for families. I went there and it rained dragging both my parents along with me (they where dreading it.) We got soaked but after 30 min. we just didn’t care (it was empty) and we could see the park for what it was. A family park that families run. There are some things that big parks miss out on that they need to concentrate on that Paultons can focus on because they are not overwhelmed. That is why Paultons is nice because it is a change to these parks that miss just that spark for. I am sure Paultons somewhere is missing something but we had a great day out there. So well done Paultons.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just a small update for you!

This photo was taken this morning...
ppdiskovf5.jpg

And I've been informed that they are doing the first test this afternoon!

The rides official opening date is Saturday 14th March.

My source? The marketing director.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Wow, it's the wannabe Farenheit, colour-wise, that is LOL

Seriously, I think this might be a great addition for Paulton's. BTW, is this the first installation of a Disk'O with a hill in the UK? If so, great!