What's new

Monster, Rel. B&M Invert (Walygator Park)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
loefet said:
Maybe the inspection of Expoland after the Fujin Raijin death in early 2007 discovered that the MCBR on Orochi was badly maintained, and Expoland removed them so that they could open the ride as soon as possible after...

Nope. I took the pictures for that guide about a week before the accident on Fujin Raijin. Incidentally, Orochi was down for a few days for maintenance while I was there. However, I've read trip reports from quite a way before then that commented on the lack of MCBR.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^No idea. I could easily be not remembering the trip reports properly.

All I know is that the pictures being referred to in this topic are ones that I took myself, and that I took them around a week before the Fujin Raijin accident. The park essentially didn't operate after that.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
No MCBR on Orochi when I rode it in '05. Got some pictures around here somewhere, they were only running one train the day I was there, IIRC.

A

Anonymous

here are photos of Wednesday, April 14th!

110.jpg

p0046_10.jpg

p0048_10.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
Wow.. so weird to see that design by itself. Raptor is in the middle of a park and that is in the middle of nowhere.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Walynico, did they have to buy some land to build this on, or do they have lots of un-used land?

Thats taking up a heck of a lot of space for such a small park.

A

Anonymous

I don't understand the meaning of your question! so please rephrase your question?

Well I'm here to announce good news!

The LOOP is finished! Zero G and the roll is being installed! And we are routes for the Cobra roll!

2840974312_1.jpg

2840974838_1.jpg

Absimilliard

Roller Poster
Already owned. When the park opened as Big Bang Schtroumph in 1989, they had visions of a mega theme park the size of Disneyland Paris and so bought a ton of land in an industrial area where it was cheap. Sadly, some questionnable ride choices (some of the rides were built by companies in the area that had no experience whatsoever building rides!) and a lack of interest caused the park to go bankrupt after only 2 years. The Walibi group purchased it and added a few attractions as well as moving out one. In 1998, the Enterprise was moved to what is now Walibi World and replaced by a single tower S&S Space Shot. After that, ZERO new rides until they rented a Wild Mouse for a year in 2003 and the Topple Tower in 2005 or 2006.

The park was in horrible shape and they lost the Smurf license. When Star Parks ran the park, they tried cleaning it up.

msep003

Roller Poster
Yes and since then they want Walygator to be the third France's Theme Park after Parc Asterix .

So now Parc Asterix has finally a Competitor to Compete and the Theme Park industry will boost again in France besides Disneyland Paris .

Theme Parks industry in France has a great future . With Nigloland and their Intamin Mega Lite 2011 or 2012 . And the Recent news from Parc Asterix to get a new attraction by 2011 .

All i can say is MERCI Walygator for adding a B&M this year.

A

Anonymous

Back from Walygator, here are some pictures of the yard! ^

We can see that the zero g roll is complete and the descent begins!

p1050269c.jpg

p1050217a.jpg

p1050218c.jpg

p1050219.jpg

p1050220n.jpg

I go back Friday, we can compare!

Jools

Giga Poster
walynico54 said:
Back from Walygator, here are some pictures of the yard! ^

We can see that the zero g roll is complete and the descent begins!
p1050269c.jpg

p1050217a.jpg

p1050218c.jpg

p1050219.jpg

p1050220n.jpg

I go back Friday, we can compare!

There you go

You mean THERE you go.. :) -Snoo

Tony

Hyper Poster
Looking good so far! Love the black/yellow colour scheme in the concept art. Sure will look great! Anything would of been better than the pink and white colours anyways :p .

Snoo

The Legend
Awesome color scheme. Always loved black track.. something we need more of tbh. Red is getting REALLY old.

Jake

Strata Poster
I love how one of the guys is just STRADDLING the Zero G. Not something you see every day :).