What's new

Monster, Rel. B&M Invert (Walygator Park)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, wow. Such a big coaster - by far the biggest in France - plonked in a such a park? Well, it already has a woodie, and an extended Vekoma Tornado (Loopen's big brother), so I guess it's actually the only park in France able to build one.

I look forward to see if this is true. It will be the biggest Invert in Europe (well, lower than Stunt Fall, but much longer), and I guess it will haul in guests.
Best Case Scenario:
It forces other parks in France to build as big rides, to be able to compete.
Worst Case Scenario:
It will be a notorical break-downer, cost the park bucketloads of money, and will be SBNO for years until it's torn down.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Orochi have found a new home
Orochi has found a new home

I was actually quite interested in which park would end up with Oorchi, it was being sold fairly cheaply from memory, so whoever wound up with it would have the deal of the century....You'd sort of hope this would be a bit of a shot in the arm for the park, and bring it out of its mediocrity.
Anyhow, nice to see another European country finally get their first B&M.

I guess it's actually the only park in France able to build one.
Parc Asterix too I suppose.

A

Anonymous

^ Yes it is, but with a straight piece of track instead of a MCBR.

Emmett

Giga Poster
:shock: , nice to see this smallish park taking a risk with a larger coaster. The line up at the moment is okay but with the addition of Oorchi they will surely be attracting crowds from much further away than what they were getting before.

A

Anonymous

When I rode it in 2007 then there were no brakes at all on the MCBR, just that straight piece of track.

orochi.jpg

See.

But I agree with you that they really need to repaint it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Awesome news.

Raptor still consistently draws 2+ hour queues during normal operation and is arguably the most popular coaster at CP.

Orochi will give an awesome boost, especially for such a small park.

Snoo

The Legend
You haven't been to CP have you loefet? I'm curious how they compare.. as they may be clones but ride completely different.. as is the case with a few Batman clones.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've been thinking of doing a France/Spain/Italy trip next summer for a while now and this ride definitely tips the scale, I'm definitely doing it now.

Anyone interested :--D I loved the fact that Europe are getting more B&Ms now, means I don't have to travel all the way to America to ride the good ones.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^As long as it draws guests in such quanta that the park eventually can afford an Intamin Hyper, it is.

And Ben, I didn't think about Katun. Now well, this will still be quite big by France standards. If themed nicely, I guess it can be an awesome addition to the park. Anything's better than Loopen's big brother, at least.

Dave

CF Legend
Well the ride must be having a massive overhaul as Expoland closed because of the accident and also it couldn't afford the inspections and improvements needed for each and every ride. Also must need a re-paint as well.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
No doubt it needs a repaint. The coaster isn't the best invert out there, but it's something. This is going to really add some competition for Parc Asterix and Disneyland Paris. Hopefully I can get up to Walygator on one of my trips to Paris in the future.

A

Anonymous

SnooSnoo said:
You haven't been to CP have you loefet? I'm curious how they compare.. as they may be clones but ride completely different.. as is the case with a few Batman clones.
Nope, but the people that were with me when we visited Expoland that had also been on Raptor rated this one higher.

Screaming Coasters said:
Hang on, it has no MCBR?

How many trains does this operate?
When we were there 1, and you still wouldn't be able to fill that train with all the people in the park :)

Didn't Orochi overshoot it's brake run a few months back, injuring people?