What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: New coaster for Mirabilandia in 2012?

^Which clearly states it's a steel sit down....not liquid...
If B&M gets on that page then we know it's a dive machine/hyper!

Can water rides even have loads of airtime?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls had airtime when I rode it all them years back.

Switching between the hideouts'...

A

Anonymous

CoasterCrazy said:
^Which clearly states it's a steel sit down....not liquid...
If B&M gets on that page then we know it's a dive machine/hyper!

Can water rides even have loads of airtime?
"Steel Sitdown" is the standard input he adds to all new coasters that isn't confirmed or that he don't know what it is. It doesn't really mean anything at all.
Also all the rumours have pointed towards a Coaster so I don't blame him for putting it on there, but they have been just that, rumours. No it seems more like it's a Splash Boat kind of thing, most reliable sources points in that way anyway, we just have to wait for the announcement to know for sure...

Yes, all but one of the Mack Supersplashes have a fab airtime hill before the splash, the rest of the rides are crap though. Oh and there are several Flume-Rides with epic airtime, but I guess that you have to go to Japan to really experience them...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Also all the rumours have pointed towards a Coaster so I don't blame him for putting it on there, but they have been just that, rumours.

From what I can remember, he once said that he does not put anything on there unless they are fact. In other words, if its a rumour, he wont add it.

That may well have changed, but I doubt it.

A

Anonymous

Or the rumours have been so overwhelming that he might have thought that it had been announced? it must be hard to keep track of all those coasters :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, it must be hard, thats probably why he doesn't add anything unless its official.

There's nothing on there for the Port Aventura 'coaster', yet how many rumours are there that say its a B&M etc?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Having worked with Duane on adding tons of coasters in Asia into the database he is extremely rigerous when it comes to fact checking. Sure some things slip through the net but If Duane has it up I wouldnt be suprised if he knows what it is. He told me about Hair Raiser at Ocean Park months and months before anyone knew.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Got this from Sam from TT:

2011-09-21_stral.jpg

Intamin Water coaster ay?!

A

Anonymous

^ Taken from First Drop.
The way that it's written suggests two thing. Either they have started to call the Perilous Plunge a "Coaster" or it will be something similar to PP but with a coaster based system together with the lift, making it somewhere between PP and AA :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

"Using a similar ride system" - to me tht=at just points towards the unique lift really.

andrus

Giga Poster

I still don't se how a water coaster could provide lots of airtime? And a vertical drop??

STC

Mega Poster

andrus said:
I still don't se how a water coaster could provide lots of airtime? And a vertical drop??
7p47001gqltg0g920va03m.jpg

andrus said:
3231391474_252c9c3d74.jpg

Hydro comes pretty damn close, it could be do-able...

andrus

Giga Poster

^I wouldn't acknowledge the little pop of airtime on Poseidon's final hill as lots of airtime. But yea sure there's a little bit of airtime..

And Hydro/Drenched has a very steep drop that I'm sure Intamin could tweak in some way (magnetic trims?) to make it vertical.

I get your point. I'm just saying that I'm not that convinced of the water coaster rumors.. I still think, based on the facts we know, that it's a lot more likely to be a dive machine or some other type of ride!

A

Anonymous

Really, all the recent "rumours" as you call it, points towards an Intamin water coaster of some sort:
10 passengers/car
11 cars
3 minute ride time
55 meters tall
105 km/h
45° drop
2 lifts (1 of them "unique", like Pilgrims Plunge)
Also what ECC wrote

Doesn't scream B&M dive coaster to me at all.
However as I wrote earlier I think that this might be a cross between a Intamin Splashboat like Pilgrims Plunge/Shoot the Rapids and an Aqua Trax, which is taking bits of both kind of rides. Much like a "wet" Aqua-trax, with a lift similar to PP and no launch. Also that drop on Atlantis Adventure is nearly vertical just to keep you happy :)

vv Sorry forgot a ','...

andrus

Giga Poster

^Where have you got those facts from? Is it a reliable source or just the ECC magazine? (not saying ECC isn't reliable, but it's not an official source)

I'm just going with what we know for 100%. Mirabilandia has published on their website that the ride will feature a vertical drop. And that the head of communications at Mira said it'll feature lots of airtime.

Intricks

Strata Poster

If this is going to be like Shoot the Rapids/Pilgrims Plunge, then they get to learn how to balance boats, and no fatties are allowed to sit in the back either with the possibility of pulling a Shoot the Rapids and closing off the back rows of seats from any guest as it throws the 'balance' off.

Switching between the hideouts'...