What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: New coaster for Mirabilandia in 2012?

I think it could be reference to the speed it will be going on the last drop and through the coaster part (so long as it is AFTER the plunge).

Switching between the hideouts'...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I don't think so, Italian rumors says that it will have a splash down effect after the drop (similar to B&M?) but not a real splash down. Some says it will keep going as a coaster after that, and some say that it will be a small coaster part after the drop, and then a real splash down.

But the people who really knows don't talk :(

TilenB

Strata Poster

Yesss, It will be a water coaster!
Picture confirms it all
393189_10150625560795031_59433320030_12036519_108691217_n.jpg

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ Looks great, yeah it probably will be a lot longer than just the pilgrims Plunge type drop.
I think it will have more than one hill, small pockets of airtime and clearly involve lots of water.
They could have put Intamin track in the Ad above though...not Vekoma. Doesn't matter though it looks awesome !.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

They already have a shoot-the-cutes ride, so I can understand if it wont be a big splash on this one.
If I would have designed it, I'd put the coaster part before the drop, a little launched boat racing inspired layout.

A bit off topic, apparently Holiday World really hates Intamin for selling them the biggest water ride, with the smallest splash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkdPlq3qvg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

It's definitely a copy of Intamin's Pilgrim's Plunge, but with a steeper drop as these latest photos show. Will be interesting to see just how much more track will be added after the "splashdown". I'm not expecting much tbh. Probably just enough momentum to get back to the station IMO. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit & see...
Very rough translation (using Babylon translator), but you get the idea.
Mirabilandia's project for 2012 is growing enough to be seen clearly, even if for now, it has attracted almost mostly criticism on the part of fans, that on our forum do not spare considerations on the fact that Divertical seems not to have nothing more than a simple Pligrim Plunge drop.
Today is the D-Day (designated by Mirabilandia as 'revealing clues') but for now everything is quiet.
Feel free to post opinions and comments on the following pictures taken from our user Mirathebest (best resolution)
Mirabilandia-Divertical-2011_005.jpg

Mirabilandia-Divertical-2011_007.jpg

Mirabilandia-Divertical-2011_006.jpg

Mirabilandia-Divertical-2011_008.jpg

Source: http://www.theparks.it/mirabilandia...rtical-differisce-da-un-pilgrim-plunge-n1114/

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ The link to them pictures was posted on the page 7 (and I even posted one of them).

So far, everything what Loefet said has been true, so I'd say there will be a coaster section, somewhere.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

New pics on Mirabilandia's blog shows a huge close up picture of the track.
If were comparing this one to Pilgrim's Plunge, then we can see that this one is using a new type of rail in the middle, wich looks to be both acting as up stop wheels and side wheels, when the one on Pilgrims Plunge only act as a guide rail.
This is even more supporting the theory that this one will be more of a coaster.

Divertical_blog_003.jpg

3328956668_93f7e4ea5c.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^If I were to guess, it's basically a giant trim brake to prevent the boat from overspeeding, or at least to make sure it hits the water with the same speeds every time, regardless of the number of riders. I suspect it's not a completely free fall all the way from that height.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Pokemaniac said:
^If I were to guess, it's basically a giant trim brake to prevent the boat from overspeeding, or at least to make sure it hits the water with the same speeds every time, regardless of the number of riders. I suspect it's not a completely free fall all the way from that height.

It's not a trim.
I'm actually wondering of it will be using magnetic technology to stay on the track, it kinda looks like that.

I'm really eager to see more of this, hopefully we will have something more than just the lift hill before Christmas.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I wonder if it will be more like the hills on the Mack SuperSplashes. I can't see this having a massive layout, but there's always hope!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Martyn B said:
^ The link to them pictures was posted on the page 7 (and I even posted one of them).
Sorry. All I saw was andrus' links to miraforever, ry1996's link to tpr & your photo that said it was from tpr. The links & photos I posted are from theparks.it. :wink:

peep

CF Legend

I really do hope this has a decent layout. As has been mentioned before they already have a splah boat thingy, they don't really need a bigger version. By seeing the start of some sort of hill gives me hope this will be good and it looks like it'll take up a big area, just hope it's themed and not rushed like Master Thai.

peep

CF Legend

Just thought...why isn't this in the construction thread yet?

Also, the park's official facebook page actually posted something. It's a link to a blog which has some really nice, high quality pics on it.

Blog link

To me the below picture just makes it look massive.

Dive-2.jpg

Is it just me or is it now seen as the 'in' thing for parks to take lots of great pics during construction and post it on blogs etc? I'm not complaining, but it just feels like we used to have to rely on fans sneaking around to take pics and now parks are taking professional pics for us instead.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I think as blogging becomes more and more popular, the parks are realising that new rides and continues updates (including great photos) and a really good way to get people interested in their new projects. I think it's really good and I hope it becomes more of a thing parks do. I just hope the fan-photos don't die completely, they've always felt like the sneaky, inside track. :p

And yeah, this thing look big-ish. For me Pilgrims Plunge was a bit average. The lift is a bit funky, and you do get a good feeling of acceleration down the straight drop, but they're not really that exciting. I'm interested to see what Mirabilandia do with theirs.