What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

marc

CF Legend
Re: New coaster for Mirabilandia in 2012?

Speed on a B&M dive machine? Sort of makes me think this will not be a B&M and if it is it must be a new type.

I am now thinking this will be a Eurofighter of some sort maybe the one that was meant to be going into to Heide that got pulled? Or like the one in Japan.

We shall see.

andrus

Giga Poster

Intricks said:
If they go with iDive, they could theme the car to the soon to be fall of Apple without Steve Jobs. Think about it, the cars could be an iPod, the restrains will be the ear buds, and the apparent dive underwater will be the suicidal leap of faith! :3
I agree. It would be stupid to name the ride after something that's passe like the "i" prefix. The ride should obviously be called "3D-coaster" instead!! :p

marc said:
Speed on a B&M dive machine? Sort of makes me think this will not be a B&M and if it is it must be a new type.

I am now thinking this will be a Eurofighter of some sort maybe the one that was meant to be going into to Heide that got pulled? Or like the one in Japan.

We shall see.
This is supposed to be "the tallest of it's kind", meaning that if it's a dive machine it has to be taller than Griffon. Griffon has a top speed of 114 km/h which hardly could be called slow!! This would in fact probably even be tha fastest coaster in the park (iSpeed 120 km/h)!

As for the Eurofighter theory I doubt it. The message from the park says vertical drop, not beyond vertical..

marc

CF Legend

Ok, I just never notice the speed on a DM if I am being honest.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Dive Machines are plenty fast, lots of them reach up to 70mph. I think a B&M Dive Machine would be great for mirabilandia!!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Same...but won't this be bigger than Katun? If you look on mirabilandia's park map Katun looks by far the tallest...

Does anyone know where the ride will be located?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Park maps - those perfectly to scale, accurately drawn, engineering plans. ;)

Katun is big, but it's nothing like as big as a Dive Machine would be (with the exception of Krake, the baby-DM)

A

Anonymous

^^ iSpeed is taller than Katun. The only place I would thing it will fit any good is between iSpeed and Reset since that area is just a bare field and there is plenty of space in between.

A

Anonymous

Bad news. According to the latest rumours then this might just be a larger version of Pilgrims Plunge at HW :-(

According to sources then the park hafve released that it will be 55 meters tall, have a top speed of 105 km/h, 45 degree drop and feature 11 cars with 10 people per car and have 2 lifts and drops...

Even though some thinks Aqua Trax. To me it sounds exactly like PP at HW. I really hope that the rumours are wrong though :'(

(Can't post any sources because we got a power outage as I was writing this on my computer, hence the use of phone to write this...)

Posting on the go...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Even though it's not as exciting as an AquaTrax (what is?! :p ), Pilgrims Plunge isn't a bad ride. It's one of the better water chute type rides. The lift is funky, the 45º drop is quite fun and you do get a great sense of speed. Plus it gets you very wet.

Might not be such a bad deal after all.

andrus

Giga Poster

Why add another chute-style ride if you already got Niagara in the park? :? I could understand if they decided to go for a Mack water coaster since it's a completely different experience. But this would be a very similar experience to Niagara, a very popular ride at the park! It's much like the decision with Canadas Wonderland and Levithian imo..

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Oh, I wasn't aware they already had a big chute ride like that. Even though the ride experience will be different, it's still dumb. There are going to be some pretty daft additions for 2012, lets just hope the good ones are REALLY good, eh? :p

A

Anonymous

^^ The rides are pretty different in my opinion, this one is more in the middle between the Splashboat (Niagara) and a Log flume.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Like this:

Does PP have lap bars?

Attachments

• 3552452746_38192a08a5.jpg
    3552452746_38192a08a5.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 65
A

Anonymous

^ Yeah like that but way bigger and yes they are lap-bars on that...

D1993

Hyper Poster

oh no why arent they putting in a dive machine?
Water ride bleh.
This is still very 'out there'. The only supposed information we have are rumors so it still could be anything in my mind - roller coaster wise that is.
Im still going back to, that at the beginning the head of communications at mirabilandia (cant spell his name) said that in 2012 Mira. would release the biggest roller coaster of its type in europe.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Yes that's almost true. John Scafoglio said that it will be the tallest coaster of it's kind in the world and that the coaster will feature lots of airtime. That doesn't sound at all like a chute-style water ride.. But the plans might got changed?

D1993

Hyper Poster

^Perhaps. how accurate could we consider johns statement? I would probably stick to that and think of a new custom funky dive machine or a hyper.
Plus, the park seems to have been pretty tight lipped about this new supposed project and we havent really heard much official news from them. Perhaps the plans have been pushed back a year or something? Either way, I would like to hear some more from the park.

A

Anonymous

According to the latest First Drop magazine I got in the mail today from the ECC, it says that it will be one of those like Pilgrims Plunge, this makes it confirmed in my eyes. So no coaster for next year at least :(

On the leaked specs then it will be the the largest of it's kind in the world. And since people count Fuga da Atlantide as a credit, then this might be classified as one as well, making it a "Water coaster"...

peep

CF Legend

Urgh, if that is true that'll make me really sad. Another splash boat is the last thing Mira needs.