What's new

Lightwater Valley, New rides in 2011 (see page 7)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
The most interesting question for me was the one asking what type of new ride we wanted;

Suspended coaster
Looping coaster

.. I would have put Suspended, it's just I know that what it's actually asking is;

Fabbri
Vekoma

so had to go with looping :p

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Right, for those of you that haven't been following the threads on Valley Mania, the new ride(s) will not be a rollercoaster, and whatever it proves to be, there are two of them, and they are from Germany and Italy respectively. Any suggestions as to what they may be?

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
slappy mcguire said:
Right, for those of you that haven't been following the threads on Valley Mania, the new ride(s) will not be a rollercoaster, and whatever it proves to be, there are two of them, and they are from Germany and Italy respectively. Any suggestions as to what they may be?

The Germany and Italy comment was a wind-up.

There will be more than 2 new rides for 2011.

A

Anonymous

The park are not getting a coaster for next season.

Instead its expected that the park will be adding 5 or more new rides for 2011, most of which are suspected to be coming from the closed loudoun castle, although the park have not confirmed what these rides will be or how many there is to be. These will form a new area on the former site of go-karts which is to be removed this season. The area will be pirate themed, named 'skeleton cove'. After last years efforts on Raptor attack, i'm sure the park will beable to pull this one off well.

There is also what looks like groundwork for a new ride in between the ultimate and raptor attack also. Also rumored is the addition of a birds and prey show inside the park.

Looks like a busy season for lightwater next season. :--D

More details here, http://www.valleymania.co.uk/

Nic

Strata Poster
Spud said:
Also rumored is the addition of a birds and prey show inside the park.
Didn't they already have this. At very least, didn't they have a load of owls sat on astroturf logs?

marc

CF Legend
I thought they were installing that Vekoma coaster they bought?

The flat rights at Loudoun are nothing to write home about, they were not that good. They should have got Twist and Shout. The rides at Loudoun already had a pirate theme so that is probably why they are sticking to it.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
There were flats at Loudoun?
Yes
No doubt these ride will go there
blackpearlf.JPG

regatta.JPG

piratecoveb.JPG

drunkenbarrels.JPG

Link on ukrides http://www.ukrides.info/loudoun_castle.htm
There's ment to be 5 new rides so could be these.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, those are all as fantastic as my sarcasm insinuated.

Shame you missed out the only two that were actually any good, the Shot Tower and the Breakdance.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Much as a good coaster is essential, LWV has deeper issues, and at least if they are finally installing a themed area, then they can make a start on actually becoming a THEME park.

An albeit generic Pirate themed area:

Increases variety
Increases capacity
Generally a better bet than installing a thirty year old coaster
POTC film due out, so merchandising possible.
When they put their mind to it, LWV can actually theme.

Probably the best scenario, really.

Besides, they have intimated that something else is due later in the year, so we'll see...

marc

CF Legend
Shame though as I was looking forward to going back there this year to ride a coaster type I had not been on yet :(

At least families will have more to do though which has to be their main focus.

Martyn B

CF Legend
They may well be betting the Breakdance, that was kind of piratey themed, wasn't it?

Also, aren't two rides coming from Europe?

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
^Chinese whispers. It was the park playing funny buggers.

Pirate themed area with several 'new' rides, and the possibility/probability of a further new ride in front of the Mutilate.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
marc said:
So did they buy that Vekoma coaster or not? If so what is happening with it?

They didn't buy it, no.

There were reports it had been sold but I'm yet to hear anything further.