What's new

Fort Fun Eastbourne topic!

Ollie

CF Legend
It would still be one of their main rides. :D
At the moment the log flume looks really ugly. Its all grey and bulky and has no themeing.
The station has poles as if to say it should be enclosed but it isn't. :(

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I've been past Fort Fun today and it seems that the "Runaway Train" roller coaster has been removed. The supports were were lying at the back of the park along with the carriages, so maybe it's just being moved to a different place in the park? :?

I also noticed that an on-ride photo section has been added to the "Thunder Falls" log flume.

They were the only differences I noticed. There was still no sign of any new rides. :(

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Coaster Ollie said:
^The Runnaway Train has been moved to the front of the park at the end of Rocky's. :D

I know it was moved to the front of the park. But it's now been taken down from there, as if there moving back to the back of the park or something? :? Maybe they're just refurbishing it? :lol:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I've been past Fort Fun again today. It seems that the Runaway Train IS moving next to the log flume. The base for it was there, and the supoorts were there ready to be attached. Maybe there isn't going to be a new coaster. :(

Ollie

CF Legend
It's been advertised as a new coaster. They built it and the took it down. so the new supports may be for the new coaster. :?

Anyway the video I did of the runnaway mine train is now on Coasterforce in the video section. :D

Video HERE!!!

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I think we can definitely say that there is going to be no new coaster at Fort Fun anytime soon. :lol:

I went past again today and got these photos:

100_0902.jpg

100_0904.jpg

The base is exactly the same as the Runaway Train's, and so are the supports. So it's got to be it!

I would have rather had Blizzard than this to be honest. :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
So what exactly is this topic all about?

It's about a confirmed coaster, which has so far utterly failed to materialise.

Sadly, I've been too snowed under to be using my regular sources and find out more :(

Ollie

CF Legend
Ok. Little update here.

The Mine Train wasn't being moved to the back of the park.
It was taken down and repianted. Red track, and yellow supports (looks quite nice really).
But still no sign of the enw coaster.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me when I went so don't have any pictures.
But if someones passing by it anytime soon you'll see what I mean. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
^I promise to you i'm not lying.
I'll have a brouse round the internet to see what I can find.

But had I had my camera on me I would have taken some pictures.

But if anyone else gets any photos of the new paint-job, then can you post it here please. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Just realised.

You can see the new yellow supports of the coaster in the first picture that jacoaster posted further up the page. Behind the train, leaning against the cabin.

And the track is the same kind of red as the metal on the back of that lorry. (But I don't think that it is the track in that picture though).

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Coaster Ollie said:
Ok. Little update here.

The Mine Train wasn't being moved to the back of the park.
It was taken down and repianted. Red track, and yellow supports (looks quite nice really).
But still no sign of the enw coaster.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me when I went so don't have any pictures.
But if someones passing by it anytime soon you'll see what I mean. :)

I saw that yesterday! :--D I think it looks much better now! I too didn't have a camera though. :lol:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I walked past Fort Fun again yesterday (In the snow :p). There was nothing new, but I estimated the size of the land they have at the back of the park for a new coaster. I've worked out that they could probably fit in this L&T Systems model:

p20694.jpg

This model is 33x20 metres - About the size of the land they have. I actually think this would be the perfect coaster for Fort Fun. It would be slightly more thrilling than the other rides at the park but still family friendly.

I hope they do build something like this. :lol:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Big news!

Big Stevie B on the RCCGB forums wrote this on April 6th 2008:

Me and Carol did a last minute coaster tick day yesterday. The first park we arrived at was Fort Fun just outside of Eastbourne.
We got the tick on the revamped mine train they put back up last year. Then we got speaking to the manager of the park. He was interested in the club jackets and me taking pictures.
During the conversation he told us about him putting the "Big One" up in the next six weeks if money and weather permit.
He said it was in storage at the moment and that they had taken it down themselves at Southport just after the park closure.
He seemed well shocked i know it was the Wildcat before he even told me.
So give the guy about 2 months and Fort Fun will now have two coasters.

So if Dreamland does re-open, with Solomons and the Caterpillar, we have only lost the Cyclone from Southports`s coaster list.

Woohoo! :--D I'm excited!