What's new

Fort Fun Eastbourne topic!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
There was a construction topic but it seems to have vanished.

This IS the construction topic. I renamed and moved it due to there being no coaster under construction.

Ollie

CF Legend
Bit of a bump but it's now open (it has been for a while now apparently).
http://www.fortfun.co.uk/super_splash.htm

Looks nice and colourful and when my dad drove past it the other day he said he could see a few slides.
Not sure if this will work though. The park doesn't get that many visitors and the weather is rarely good enough to play in an outdoor water thing. Especially as it's right by the sea where it's cold.
Also there's the main leisure centre with a bigger pool and large slide literally right next door to it.

Mike

Giga Poster
I visited Eastbourne seafront when I was looking around the univeristy earlier this year...
I never want to go back again- Credits or no credits. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Eastbourne's seafront is actually one of the better ones out there. Yes it may only have one crappy credit. But there's alot to do and it's quite a pleasant place as well.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I will venture there at some point, I'm not too far away. I like seeing little parks developing, just goes to show actually how well the recession has done for British Tourism =]

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Good old Eastbourne.

It's great to hear little parks like this are still expanding,it shows things can't be that bad.

I really like Eastbourne as a town,even though I only get there about a handful of times a year.Certainly beats that crap hole called Hastings. :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
Went past the park just before Christmas so hopped out the car to take a few photos. Looks really nice. Shame about the dull weather we had that day.
19970_1325959946146_1145311439_1014150_32919_n.jpg

19970_1325959906145_1145311439_1014149_2259580_n.jpg

You can see the rest of the pictures here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... 03842e0649

Nic

Strata Poster
I still need the cred at eastbourne, so its a shame they didn';t get a 2nd one in the end. Def going to do a south coast trip at some point in spring, I think.

I can't really see the point in the water park thing. I looks lovely, but I'm buggered if I'd ever want to get wet on a visit to EB.

Jake

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Did you get any of my lovely Treasure Island?
I haven't visited it since my family sold it off, has it changed?

Wait... your family used to own a seaside attraction?

Why haven't you mentioned it?!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Lol, I've mentioned it several times :p
Yeah, we used to own Treasure Island and an acre of beach infront of it. Fun times, fun times....

No money times, no money times... Thats why we sold it :)

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's almost completely different now Erol. They've got a fancy Treasure Island themed miniature golf course. All the play equipment and climbing frames have been changed and the inside of the building got completely scrapped to make way for an arcade and Ball Pool.