What's new

Fort Fun Eastbourne topic!

Jake

Strata Poster
Tad dissapointing seeing as I already have that credit, but I suppose it's a good move for the park...

Ollie

CF Legend
Went last week to play crazy golf so seized the oppertunity to take some pictures of the repainted Mine Train

As you can see, they've opted for the red and yellow approach.
mine_train1.png

The brand new trains.
mine_train2.png

A view of the track from the far side.
mine_train3.png

As you can see it looks really nice. All they need to do now is put a decent fence around it. :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The red and yelllow really suites the theme of the mine train. It's just a shame the trains aren't blue and green. That would be really authentic.

All jokes aside, I think the new paint looks better. Like Ollie said though, they need to do a little more on the side of aesthetics next.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
jacoaster said:
Big news!

Big Stevie B on the RCCGB forums wrote this on April 6th 2008:

Me and Carol did a last minute coaster tick day yesterday. The first park we arrived at was Fort Fun just outside of Eastbourne.
We got the tick on the revamped mine train they put back up last year. Then we got speaking to the manager of the park. He was interested in the club jackets and me taking pictures.
During the conversation he told us about him putting the "Big One" up in the next six weeks if money and weather permit.
He said it was in storage at the moment and that they had taken it down themselves at Southport just after the park closure.
He seemed well shocked i know it was the Wildcat before he even told me.
So give the guy about 2 months and Fort Fun will now have two coasters.

So if Dreamland does re-open, with Solomons and the Caterpillar, we have only lost the Cyclone from Southports`s coaster list.

Woohoo! :--D I'm excited!

See, that's very odd...

The reason this is listed as an L&T coaster is because somebody who knows the owner said - point blank - it's not the Wildcat, but an L&T coaster. They got quite shirty with me when I said it was going to be the Wildcat.

I guess we'll see...

Ollie

CF Legend
Hixee said:
The red and yelllow really suites the theme of the mine train. It's just a shame the trains aren't blue and green. That would be really authentic.

All jokes aside, I think the new paint looks better. Like Ollie said though, they need to do a little more on the side of aesthetics next.

Wow! a post by Hixee that was actually on topic and more than a sentance long. :lol:

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Did that have anything at all to do with the topic Ollie?

And it's cool that they're finally getting Wildcat, It'll be a great addition for the park. I like Runaway Train's new colours too.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I visited Fort Fun today and I noticed they're putting up a more "permanent" looking fence around the log flume:

100_1177.jpg

^Notice the wooden posts sticking up around it?

I think it's great they're putting in a bit of effort to make the park look nice now. Hopefully they'll do the same for the Runaway Train fence.

I also noticed some planks of wood on the future site of the Wildcat. Perhaps they will be cut up and used as footers for it:

100_1178.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
Patrick said:
Did that have anything at all to do with the topic Ollie?
I think I'm entitled to a little joke after all the photos and information I've posted.

And yes I have another update. :p

This video was done last Easter, but have only just uploaded it to Youtube.
It's the Runaway Mine Train in all it's new colours. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AEUik5T5Gs[/youtube]

Jake

Strata Poster
^ I have a park map from today and there is a picture of a wildcat-esque coaster saying 'coming soon'.

There is a space cleared at the park also.

So, it looks like it's opening next season, as there is no sign of it yet.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Jake said:
^ I have a park map from today and there is a picture of a wildcat-esque coaster saying 'coming soon'.

There is a space cleared at the park also.

So, it looks like it's opening next season, as there is no sign of it yet.

Thanks for posting that information, it's very interesting. I might have to pop down there today and grab a park map. :lol: There must have been some delay in putting up the Wildcat; it was apparently supposed to be up and running about a month ago. :roll:

Jake

Strata Poster
This is what it looks like:

thundermountain.jpg

Although the train doesn't resemble wildcat cars, I doubt the park map is going to be that accurate...

It is confirmed it's the wildcat, right?

Well, either way, they're getting a family coaster.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm down in Eastbourne this weekend so will try and get some more pictures and can get the new park map. :D

Ollie

CF Legend
Right. I'm back from my weekend and I have pictures. :D

The land has been cleared and some diggers have started to appear. I was actually told by staff not to take pictures (even though I told them what I was doing it for). But I still did it anyway. :p

The construction area with a small digger.
FortFun5.png

What's this then? ;)
FortFun7.png

FortFun8.png

And some more pictures of the park.

The Log Flume now has proper fencing (about bloody time).
FortFun1.png

FortFun2.png

Bumper Boats.
FortFun3.png

The Golf has been repainted. And the balls look really sexy now as well. :p
FortFun6.png

FortFun9.png

John91

Mega Poster
Gah, We have loads of leaflets for this place at work. I'm sure we had leaflets advertising a new coaster last year.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
You should have said you were going Ollie,might have been tempted to tag along.

The parks really changed since last summer.

Might have to visit again on my next weekend off.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Thanks for the photos Ollie! I can't believe you were told off for taking pictures, that's never happened to me. :?

It's nice to see that they've refurbished the park a bit recently. I think the fences around Thunder Falls look quite good (Especially for Fort Fun :p).

I also see they've added a mini wheel ride in the background of the Bumper Boats picture - That wasn't there when I visited the park last week, so they must have put it up in the last few days. :)

I go past this park nearly every day now because my Uncle has just moved into a house opposite, so I'll be able to see if there is a coaster going up. :wink:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I went to Fort Fun today and whilst queuing for the dodgems I got into a conversation with the ride op who was telling me about the new coaster.

Basically, what has happened is that Fort Fun DID reveive the Wildcat from Southport, but the owner wasn't happy with it's condition (Apparently he was pretty angry because he wanted it operating this year). So it was sent back for a complete refurbishment and it will now be operating sometime next year.

Hopefully this will be the last delay! :lol: