What's new

Fort Fun Eastbourne topic!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
So this is going to be a refurbished Wildcat,and not a brand new one from L&T Systems then?

And if that's the case,shouldn't the topic title be changed?

And also,why is RCDB saying it's not going to Eastbourne,but going to be used on the travelling fair circuit?

I'm confused. :?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's a huge amount of confusion over this.

I was told initially that it would be Wildcat. I posted that on Save Dreamland, and was shouted by a friend of the owners. I got into a bit of a barny with them over it actually.

They said it was 100% a brand new L&T systems ride, and how dare I suggest otherwise.

The owners of Fort Fun also run a traveling arm too, so there could confusion there I guess?

Nobody really knows until it starts going up, too much conflicting information from angry people! :lol:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
The ride op I spoke to never actually mentioned the Wildcat, and when I asked him he just said "Yeah, I think that's it". He did say that the coaster will definitely be up next year though.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It's amazing that for a coaster of this stature that we could garner 6 pages of posts. Always good to see the little parks expand, though. Looking forward to seeing it go up. I love little seaside parks... we're certainly lacking on them over here after the past few years.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
CedarPoint6 said:
It's amazing that for a coaster of this stature that we could garner 6 pages of posts.

That's probably my fault. :p I got a bit excited when I heard my local kiddie park would be getting a new half-decent coaster.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I'm not sure. When I drove past last Saturday there's still a fenced of area of gravel where the coaster is meant to be.

Ollie

CF Legend
Still no news or anything happening I take I then? I may E-mail the park and try and find out as they're still advertising it as 'coming soon' on their park maps.
And it can't be the Wildcat that was at Southport anymore as that's being rebuilt there now.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Ollie said:
Still no news or anything happening I take I then? I may E-mail the park and try and find out as they're still advertising it as 'coming soon' on their park maps.
And it can't be the Wildcat that was at Southport anymore as that's being rebuilt there now.
According to a member of staff at the park "it's a secret". They still seem sure something is coming though. :roll:

After all this, it'll probably something like a Wacky Worm.

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's obviously going to be that new worlds tallest coaster that launches you out to sea that Blackpool were going to get. :p

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Well, I think this topic can finally be unstickied. It seems there will not be new coaster at Fort Fun anytime soon. I've just been past the park, and they have started building a mini aqua park right where the coaster was thought to be going.

http://www.fortfun.co.uk/super_splash.htm

So, 7 pages worth of discussion and all we end up with is a small kiddie water park! Oh well. It'll be good for the park and locals.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol. That sucks. Eastbourne sometimes has good weather. But not good enough to be worthy of a water splash thing. It's kinda pointless as the leisure centre is only a few feet down the road next t it with slides and stuff. Even Fort Fun on the same road has a small water area. What a bad move. Fairly disappointing as well.

Ollie

CF Legend
Went to the park a few times over the weekend. Construction is already going ahead. The ground has been cleared and pipes are being put in. Also some new fencing has been put around the edge to mark the perimeter of the area.
I got some photos on my camera. Will post them here once they're uploaded onto my PC.

Ollie

CF Legend
4847_1184911820031_1145311439_563041_8267007_n.jpg

4847_1184911860032_1145311439_563042_7537629_n.jpg

4847_1184911900033_1145311439_563043_7915415_n.jpg

4847_1184911940034_1145311439_563044_714933_n.jpg

4847_1184911980035_1145311439_563045_6840522_n.jpg

A

Anonymous

it's good to see that the wildcat is still going, wen need to keep little seaside parks so this is good news.