What's new

Formula 1 2010

Will

Strata Poster
Monza :( :( :(
Not a patch on 12 months ago.
And Alonso is a nob.

That's about all I have to say.
Singapore had better not be another 2009 style snorefest.

nealbie

CF Legend
I rather approved as I moved into a clear 2nd place in the Fantasy League, with a seemingly two-horse race appearing between myself and Slayed! :)

marc

CF Legend
Pedro is now out of F1 so if anyone has him in their team best remove him, he has been replaced with Nick.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've not seen him doing anything but apparently he's as bad as Legard. Difficult thing is finding somebody with the sports commentator charisma without sounding clueless about the sport you're commentating on.

Dave

CF Legend
I totally forgot about that F1 fantasy league we did. Seems I'm in 3rd place!? How did that happen, haha.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Patrick said:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86878

It's almost as if Bernie is purposely trying to ruin F1.

There was so much fail in that article and it's very concerning that the guy coming out with this is in charge of F1.

If that system was in operation today, Mark Webber would be leading the title chase on four wins, ahead of Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton on three wins and Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel on two.

"If you look at the points system, it has made absolutely no difference," said Ecclestone. "If we had the old system it would be exactly the same position as now. Which is strange.

Adding Singapore, the only difference is Alonso and Webber are tying.

Let's see the points system positions then.

1. Webber
2. Alonso
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel
5. Button

:fp2

"Maybe they will wake up and think about my gold medal system now. Because Mark would have four gold medals now and two other guys with three, so the championship could go all the way to the wire."

Yep, let's just forget the fact that the gap between 1st and 5th is 21 points, less than the points offered for a win. As we found out today, unexpected situations, like Hamilton's incident with Webber today, can throw somebody down a couple of places in the championship. Alonso was 5th a few weeks ago. A couple of wins later, he's now 2nd, 11 points behind Webber. He claims this points system is not making the sport exciting. I started watching F1 this year, because the sport was being particularly exciting (better than the touring cars, which I think is worse this year).

Bernie, you've got every right to think you know what's right for the sport, so please feel free to keep those ideas to yourself.

marc

CF Legend
Along with Rubens, Eddie is the lastest MS team mate to have a few words.

Accoring to Eddie MS was never good at car development which is why Ferrari needed 2 test drivers and loads of testing. His understanding of a car is meant to be poor when it comes to sorting out where problems are. The main skill MS had was being able to drive fast and around problems like he did in 1996 and 1997.

As Eddie said people thought Massa had improved when he was getting ahead of MS but infact it was just MS not being the best anymore and losing his skill due to age.

In other words MS is past it and his come back is a failure.

It was funny what Eddie had to say tbh seeing that in his time at Ferrari he was never on the pace of MS once. Even when the Ferrari was the best car Eddie was always behind in the race and on the grid.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Patrick said:
Martyn said:

Really pleased about this, Sergio is an awesome driver who in my opinion has been more impressive than Pastor Maldonado who won the title.

Having seen Sergio race with Jaime Alguersuari in British F3 a few years ago, i'd definitely say Sergio is the quicker driver, if a bit more unpredictable. Jaime was usually solid but rather unimpressive speed-wise. He's more of a talent than Pastor Maldonado too, its taken Pastor 3 and a half years to get to the point of winning GP2, Sergio's been there 2 years and has looked impressively quick in both seasons.

It'll be good to see Pastor get a drive in F1, he's stuck at it, but he's really only going to get it because of financial backing (mind you, its a big factor in Sergio's drive too), and it'd be a massive shame to see Nico Hulkenberg lose his drive, because he genuinely is quick. He's not had the most impressive of seasons, but he's usually kept up with Rubens, which is a feat in itself.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
robbeal said:
Patrick said:
Martyn said:

Really pleased about this, Sergio is an awesome driver who in my opinion has been more impressive than Pastor Maldonado who won the title.

Having seen Sergio race with Jaime Alguersuari in British F3 a few years ago, i'd definitely say Sergio is the quicker driver, if a bit more unpredictable. Jaime was usually solid but rather unimpressive speed-wise. He's more of a talent than Pastor Maldonado too, its taken Pastor 3 and a half years to get to the point of winning GP2, Sergio's been there 2 years and has looked impressively quick in both seasons.

It'll be good to see Pastor get a drive in F1, he's stuck at it, but he's really only going to get it because of financial backing (mind you, its a big factor in Sergio's drive too), and it'd be a massive shame to see Nico Hulkenberg lose his drive, because he genuinely is quick. He's not had the most impressive of seasons, but he's usually kept up with Rubens, which is a feat in itself.

Will be a total joke if Hulk is replaced by Maldonado imo, he's just started to show some real pace and when they were team mates in 2009 Hulkenberg completely blew Pastor away, Nico won the title and Pastor only finished fifth and they were with ART who are in my opinion the best team in GP2. I'd like to see him get a go at F1 though.

davidm

Strata Poster
Must have seen this by now, but...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbj2Vuv3UE[/youtube]

nealbie

CF Legend
149937_1591338036403_1624451491_1418887_1066509_n.jpg

The Aldershot Arm of the Petrov Supporters Club ready for the final race of the season! :p

Smithy

Strata Poster
From 0.19 to 0.25, Alonso looks like any rollercoaster/throwing up video you've ever seen.

This race is confusing.

Edit: Cue conspiracies about Red Bull not wanting Webber to win so pitting him poorly.