What's new

Formula 1 2010

nealbie

CF Legend
Congratulations Sebastian Vettel, you were the fastest man in the fastest car - welcome to a long long line of such world champions. Most notably:- 1988, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009. :lol:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Well gutted for Mark, but I'd rather Vettel won than Fernando.

I bet you Petrov fanboys were pleased! Saw more of that rear end than any other car all Grand Prix.

Now the long winter until the parks open and the Formula One begins again.

nealbie

CF Legend
We were. I'm glad my prediction of the two Renault's spiting the two men I LEAST wanted to win the title was correct. :)

Dave

CF Legend
Well being the last race the F1 Fantasy thing is finished! haha

Screenshot2010-11-14at183322.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Deutschland und Sebastian über alles!
Enjoyed the season so much. Vettel is the most controversial & exciting driver I've seen in years. Just what the sport needed!
I thought it was over for Vettel after Korea, but you just can't count that kid out (even though he never led the standings until yesterday). I still don't understand what happened with Webber though, but so glad that Red Bull didn't do a Ferrari & choose one driver over the other. Especially considering the Hungary & Turkey incidents.
Thanks to Renault - both the engine & Petrov/Kubica. Couldn't have done it without you (& Hamilton, Button & Rosberg, of course).
Can't wait watch Seb defend his title next year!

marc

CF Legend
Vettel deserved the title tbh he has been the fastest driver all year and kept getting let down by the car, yes he made some stupid errors but they all did. It was very interesting what he said after the race that Spa changed him and after that race he changed his approach, you could see that to be fair.

I am happy Alonso did not win, that was pay back for Germany and his attitude towards Petrov after the race was out of order.

Funny enough it was MS who finally done something this year and helped Vettel, without his spin the chances are Alonso would have been champion.

It was a good year many ups and downs, roll on next year.[/u]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
Funny enough it was MS who finally done something this year and helped Vettel, without his spin the chances are Alonso would have been champion.
Hadn't thought about that, but quite true. Yay to Schumacher's return! Hopefully next year he'll make a bigger contribution.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Can't say I'm pleased with Vettel winning, I'm not a huge fan of his driving. Race got a bit dull after a while, hopefully changes next year will make it more interesting.

jayjay

Giga Poster
It's a shame that after what has been a really exciting series of races, the championship ended on possibly the most dull race ever. I almost forgave the designs of Herman Tilke for the exciting races at Valencia and Turkey this year, but you just can't overtake at Abu Dhabi.

Well done to Vettel anyway. Didn't do a fantastic job of actual racing this year, but he's just been a fantastic fast driver. Alonso's a great driver generally, but I think he's a complete twat, therefore I'm happy he didn't win.

nealbie

CF Legend
'Move Over' is CLEARLY Fernando Alonso's favourite Spice Girls song!

Unfortunately for him, Vitaly Petrov's more of an S Club fan!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Yeah, its going to be great having two 'Lotus' teams next year, that won't be confusing at all... Its like the old BMW/Williams situation from a few years back. Fair play to Tony Fernandes for being the big man and not kicking up a fuss though. He could've stropped and insisted he'd decided on the classic black/gold livery first, but he's just backed down and been sensible. The green/yellow of theirs is almost as classic anyway, just not particularly in F1.

It will be cool having that John Player livery again though.