What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

CMonster

Giga Poster
That...looks...amazing.

Completely amazing. With the massive building, and all of the dark rides...

So, there will be three coasters? The Intamin and two duelers/racers?

Oh, and I had to laugh at the Arabian guy in the long robe and head thing using the touchpad screen. :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
^The 'head thing'? Jesus..

As for the webcam.. awesome. You can see two coasters.. I think.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ You know what I'm talking about... the head dress. Thing. :wink:

I don't actually know what it's called, so I'll just stick with that.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The 'scarf' portion of the headdress is called the keffiyeh, and the cord that goes over it and around the head to hold that in place is called the agal.

I have both and of those a thobe. (The long white garment worn by men on the Arabian peninsula.)

The intention was to wear it as a Halloween costume, but I've not had an occasion to wear them.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Yeah... that. Thanks!

That one ride, the one going through a F1 factory, looks kind of like a merge between Test Track and one of the slower tracked rides at Epcot.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
roomraider said:
So whens someone going to edit this topic title?

I could've sworn I changed this ages ago. I guess not. Anyway, fixed now.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Just a birds eye view of the whole area. The photo was taken early October it has since been cleaned/painted... rather brightly

ferrariphoto.jpg

A load more pictures thanks to Satya

------

Off topic:
Regarding the Warner Brothers theme park... to be honest it's all looking pretty lame.
I'm sure expansion will occur but the plan is all too dull.

imresoltdubaiphotos178.jpg

Image thanks to Cityscape. Credit to Imre

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For those who haven't heard, there are a few rumors going around about the world speed record coaster. Many are saying that the ride won't operate at max speed, either due to the forces or just because the launch can't handle it. Also, Screamscape has heard that the ride will be around two minutes long.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Just thought I'd point out that the Formula 1 coverage of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is showing plenty of shots of Ferrari world from a helicopter. It looks fantastic in the new bright red.

A

Anonymous

As promised a few pics of the coaster at Ferrari World, Yas Island.

Taken from a moving bus through very tinted windows, so be gentle!

From what I could see there are no twists, upside downers etc, just looks like a speed track?

abudhabicoaster3.jpg

abudhabicoaster2.jpg

abudhabicoaster4.jpg

Cheers

DRM

CMonster

Giga Poster
Wow, that looks massive. How fast is this supposed to go again? Because those hills and turns are huge.

Thanks for the pictures!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Worlds fastest.

More than 145 mph I think. Satya's image says 167mph so this is effing-fast.

Great pictures, Nacnud! Thank you ever so much for them! That building is draw droppingly big. It;s unreal, like something out of a sci-fi film. The layout of the fast coaster looks good, almost like Rita but also with a hill before the s-hills.

Don't believe Screamscape. All I have ever heard from there is utter balls.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I've pretty regularly heard 135mph for the Ring*Racer and 148mph or 150mph for the F1 coaster.

Also, a big thank you to Duncan for those pics!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^That might be a vision, or a long term plan. It's awesome either way, though, but I think it'll be a long time before we see all 12 installed and running.

In the meantime... I wonder when the announcement for this ride will come? If they plan to break the world speed record, they would have told it by now to get some extra publicity? Either way, it's surely the fastest ride in Asia, which should give some PR once leaked. Is it the lack of a confirmed opening date that holds them back?