What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

A

Anonymous

^ Too bad that the ones on ThemeParkGuy don't exist anymore, but there is a load of week old ones on onride.de

onride-upic305613full.jpg

onride-upic305622full.jpg

Link to loads more images: http://onride.de/viewtopic.php?p=720660#720660

It's Rita on Steroids with a giant hill after the launch and a bunch of bunny hops in the end, looks great!!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It makes me wonder just how tall that is. Not only the roller coaster, but the building look immense, and I'm sure the pictures don't do justice.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
The building is massive since it's an all-inclusive things. Inside there's a couple of go kart tracks, several dark rides, and a water type ride-- not sure if it's just a flume or a raft thing. It looks like a clearspan building, which is even more impressive. The central atrium/open thing is really awesome looking as well. It's all quite impressive. It's hard to tell, but I would maybe place the coaster around 175ft... tough to say, though.

A

Anonymous

I can't wait to find out more about this ride. It looks intersting

A

Anonymous

I know that there was a lot of bashing on ring°racer about it launching straight into brakes...

Well after reading the last edition of First Drop, it said and there was pictures of trims right after the launch that continue up onto the first hill. Which means that this one as well launches into brakes...

I guess that building a coaster at those high speeds isn't really realistic, so this is something we have to get used to in the future, especially with even faster rides.

A

Anonymous

Great. I would think in a place that rich, they would build something Uber amazing. But a launch into breaks is sorta lame. But I wouldn't mind riding it ;)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The Toader said:
Great. I would think in a place that rich, they would build something Uber amazing. But a launch into breaks is sorta lame. But I wouldn't mind riding it ;)

Many launch coasters have trims on the launch-it's to make sure it doesn't go too fast. weather, track and train conditions can affect it, aswell as mechanical error.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
Many launch coasters have trims on the launch-it's to make sure it doesn't go too fast. weather, track and train conditions can affect it, as well as mechanical error.

:?: Which ones? I mean, I know that all of Intamin's have brakes that pop-up after the launch to stop the train in the case of a rollback, but I've never seen permanent trims after a launch before Ring*Racer and this coaster.

Ben

CF Legend
^The Vekoma Booster Bikes have things that at least look like brakes after the launch, on the first hills. If they are or not I don't know...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OK, I see what you're talking about.
I don't remember those actually trimming speed after the launch on Booster Bike or Velocity, so maybe those are Vekoma's answer to the rollback problem?

Of course, I've not been on either since 2005, so I could be misremembering...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Irn Bru also has them.

They don't realy slow, they just make sure the speed is right. There will be sensors before them telling them if they need to activate or not.

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm pretty sure furius baco launch into brakes. At least it feels so and I think I remember something that looked like brakes right before or in the air hill directly following the launch..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^What you're feeling isn't brakes. There are no brakes at all. That feeling is just the train going from accelerating to no change in speed. I feel it on Top Thrill Dragster right after the catch car starts to slow and before the pull up.

andrus

Giga Poster
Hmm.. strange! It might be because you're beeing launched in an upward angle, cuz it doesn't feel like your slowing down all that much when riding stealth or rita.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Stealth and Rita still launch at an upwards angle, just not as steep. All modern launch coasters do incase of a bad launch. The incline will allow the trains to roll back safely into the station, rather than getting stranded at the end or valleying mid-ride.