What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

10ryansmith

Roller Poster
I was just told that there will be a coaster that will go 150mph in 8 seconds! :shock: My source is Jason Hedges he is overseeing the istilation of the 2 roller coasters in the park. More later.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Well, if 8 seconds is the time it takes for it to go down its first drop, I won't complain!

Jason Hedges? He's not a person on Wikipedia, at least, and there seems to be many Jason Hedges on Google...

Swat

Hyper Poster
There are not going to be drops on this. Ive seen layouts on this i think on this forum and its just a launch and turns in the style of a raceing track.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^You're thinking about RingRacer in Nürnberg in Germany. That's just a launch and a turn. But it goes 217kph in 2.3 seconds.

And RCDB says that it may be just under 2000 m long, and racing. Sounds great, though I would preferred that Intamin got that job.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
there was an interview with one of the managers or something of ferrari land on radio 2 last night about 5:15 didnt hear much as only caught the last bit but im sure its on the iplayer if anyone wants to listen to it.

10ryansmith

Roller Poster
He presented for my class. (Civil Engineering and Archteicture). His father is the school's art teacher. He is overseeing the instulation of the two coasters in the park. I will see if I can find samething that will be proof. He is the BCM of the site. (building construction manager)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^There's two being built and I think that's the other one. The Ferrari theme park is in Abu Dhabi and the F1-X park is in Dubai.

nealbie

CF Legend
Nah Marc, for once something Ferrari is actually working, perhaps they hired in the Ross Brawn of the theme park world :wink:

And I've known about this for year, 2005/2006, and have been waiting for years, it's just the F1-X park that is struggling.

Pierre

Strata Poster
The white one looks like its going to have some impressive speed judging by the length of the corners and hills...

Impressive, I do hope "Ferrari World" isn't the final name its such a cheesy cliché.

I wonder if they're wanting this open for the final F1 race of the season in Abu Dhabi as its just down the road pretty much? Although odd time of year for opening.

spicy

Giga Poster
Anyone else find it weird that they have constructed the coasters track before almost anything else in the whole park? Or is that gigantic building the park? Seems a shame to have an indoor park where the weathers so nice.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ I wouldn't call it nice... i'd call it lethal. There needs to be a large indoor section, the sun in the middle of the day would cause heat stroke or worse. Imagen being in a cramped queue at 45 degrees for 2 hours! The locals might be alright, but this park wants to attract huge numbers of tourists who won't.

I like the white tracks. Although all white can look dull elsewhere, something about the landscape really makes them look good.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Those bends... the coastermust either be excruciatlingly dull or very fast. I'm no expert on this, but I'd say that the white one could be the fastest coaster ever built by Premier. Whch, after all, doesn't take much.

Hope it'll not be another Vertigorama, though. They better have money to finish this.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I think Screamscape might have the manufacturers backwards. The larger, white coaster track looks like a very similar track style to Venus at Space World, another Maurer Sohne creation.

I also know that RCDB doesn't have all the coasters at this park listed yet, so that is increasing the cofusion as to what's going on at this park.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Interesting thought, actually. The double spine is what threw me. That's really interesting and unique... I've never seen vertically stacked spines like that. You may be right, though. That's got a better shot at being Maurer... the smaller thing does fit Premier a lot better as it's the same stuff as seen on Max RPM and the Italian Jobs.

A couple people have mentioned it too, but that white coaster does look pretty darn massive. That's a huge looking layout. Unless they haven't put up a lift, it's gotta be launched-- I assume into that giant corner. Like Poke said, it better be moving pretty fast there or else that will be awfully dull. Seems like some great airtime on the end, though!

This is really the most interesting thing in terms of coasters right now. I love seeing unique stuff like this and I really hope a lot more information gets out soon. I want to know as much as I can about all this...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'm trying to work out what's going on down there with Duane right now.

He's leary of creating a bunch of parks and coasters in the database that never come to fruition.