What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Well, supposedly there was an Intamin coaster going into the UAE somewhere that was to be faster than Ring*Racer. Not sure if it's this park or at one of the several Dubailand parks that are on hold.

Sorry for not having better info.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I love the look of this & I hope this park takes off so the other parks fall in line. I'll have to trek half way around the world to get there & would like to see multiple parks when I visit. Plus I'll be able to go skiing as well, so I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into another HRP. *Fingers crossed*

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jerry, even if you went now, there's a lot of parks in the middle east.

It's just that most of them suck.

I went to Entertainment City when it was still riddled with bullet holes and all I got was two credits and a sunburn.
;)

A

Anonymous

The link you guys posted and the one thats on the site home page labeled 'update' just brings me to the home page where you pick from the sight map or world map thing and I cant find the update. I'm not sure if the links wrong or if its just me lol.

A

Anonymous

Is there a site with the actual update on the construction with photos bc the above link just has the concept video bc you guys keep talking about updates on construction and I cant find those.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Just click the link on the main page.. the one that's linked by the word 'here'. Or just go back a page and click on the same links I posted there.

A

Anonymous

But that just brings me to the sites home page, not the updates. Could someone post a few of the pics, I'd really appreciate it.

A

Anonymous

Nope, just to the main site that has two windows one for "World Map" and one for "Site Map". I'd put a pic but this site wont let me bc I'm still a new member.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I see what you mean now... I just got it. I wasn't before. It appears as if the entire page is missing... and I'm not entirely sure why. Very odd.

A

Anonymous

Ughh, I love how once I come to check out the update the page randomly disappears >:0 Well if you find out about the page could you let me know bc I'd really like to see these photos lol

A

Anonymous

CedarPoint6 said:
Giant update here:

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/yas-island/

Coasters going up and everything.

The white one is apparently from Premier (new track design, eh?) and the black is from Maurer, according to Screamscape. Pretty impressive, I must say.
According to the latest issue of "First Drop" (ECC magazine) then the smaller dueling one will indeed be a Maurer coaster, and the big white one is actually an Intamin!! that uses a new type o track system that is supposed to be even stronger then the quad one...

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Interesting. Intamin? Is it confirmed as the record breaker? I guess it would make sense to go to them for something like that. I'd just like to see some layouts of both.

I remember reading awhile back that the Maurer was supposed to be an X-car or something with like 4 different launch sections. I'd really like to know some more details with these things...

A

Anonymous

^ There are overview shots of both coasters in First Drop, but due to copyright issues I won't post the images here.

But I can say that the dueler is very twisted with some side changing maneuvers you can clearly see 3 double boost sections along the route, and the "Record breaker" have a large figure 8 section (think Rita), I'm guessing that it won't have any top-hat like structures (but you never know until it's done). They are talking about speeds around 250 km/h and a length of about 2000 meters.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The pictures that Justin has in First Drop are actually older than the ones at the ThemeParkGuy's web site.

The ones at that site show what appears to be completed track.