What's new

Favourite Front Row Ride?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Phoenix, Nitro and Boulder Dash from last week were all awesome in the front. A new concept for me as I normally always head for back row

Jer

Strata Poster
Definitely Phoenix, Skyrush, and Talon. Talon shocked the most, because every time I've been to Dorney I've immediately headed for the front, imagine my surprise to find the front was more powerful than the back, especially in the loop and immelmann.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Phoenix of course, Kingda Ka (pretty much anything with a launch), Duelling Dragons when it duelled, anything with a vertical lift hill, B&M dive machines.....

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Don't usually bother with front row but some I will/have made exceptions for:

Millennium Force
Nitro
El Toro
Skyrush
Any launching one

Pretty much launchers, and hypers/fast ones

Though I generally go wherever the line is shortest, with a tendency to head near the back. Especially on wooden ones!

coast

Roller Poster
Manta at Sea World Orlando

I don't bother for front row rides unless it's an invert for a flyer.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Re:

elmerfudd said:
to me, air makes no difference where you sit because tbh, you face the floor. I think its better at the back, not only because for me it feels more like flying, but also if you take your shoes off, people behind you cant smell and see your feet =).

so you get to smell everyone else's???

I normally don't do the front row of coasters, the only rides i find more enjoyable in the front row are inverts and woodies with millennium flyer trains.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
normally I'm just as happy with 2nd row as front row - but TTD is different, because the 2nd row in each car isn't raised, and you have your view blocked by the front row...

b and m inverts are great at the front, for the view, but the back is usually better for forces. Didn't find much difference between rows on skyrush - the big difference was between middle and outer seats.

Swarm was VERY different in the front though.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
I'll pull a post I made in another thread...

ava1enzue1a said:
ALPENGEIST! Riding it 2 years ago wasn't a memorable experience, rather a disappointing one. But a couple days ago I rode it front row, which was 10X more amazing. One word: WOW!
Alpengeist for sure.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Millennium Force is the only real ride where the front is a big priority. The airtime is strongest there, because the hills are so long you don't get that whip effect in the back.

Nick P

Mega Poster
B&M Inverts. One in particular would be Great Bear because of its awkward jungle of supports you ride through.

ParkLogic_Chris

Roller Poster
I have a few...Shambhala, Stampida, Dragon Khan (At Night), Nemesis, Grand National and Jubilee Odyssey. I do enjoy front row on most coasters but that's the highlight ones really.

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster
Kanonen and Jetline (Gröna Lund).

The less of the "drag and push" effects there are, the greater the front seat tend to be. If it isn't an inverted rollercoaster or a launched one, the front row matters much less, though.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I'm not a fan of slow queuing so i do not tend to wait in front row queues with the one exception of Colossus at Thorpe because in a lot of seats the ride are rough and unenjoyable but the front is pretty smooth, forceful and lots of fun

Honorable mentions to: Raptor (G), The Swarm, Stealth, Xcelerator, Riddler's Revenge, Cheetah Hunt, Oblivion, Sheikra, Cyclone (SFNE).