What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

A

Anonymous

Didnt city say they are not spending stupid amounts of cash this time.

A

Anonymous

It will be interesting to see who goes were n for how much and if these long running saga's will end this window.

Lain

Giga Poster
ryan462 said:
Yeah very.... I read a few reports today about Chelsea trying to sign Ribery for something like 40million!

Ronaldo to Real Madrid, and Ribery to Utd please.

I've seen the figure of £60m being bandied around...

A

Anonymous

Lain said:
ryan462 said:
Yeah very.... I read a few reports today about Chelsea trying to sign Ribery for something like 40million!

Ronaldo to Real Madrid, and Ribery to Utd please.

I've seen the figure of £60m being bandied around...

Then Palacios from wigan to Utd for about £15m

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I wouldn't go near Manchester again with Franck Ribery on the loose. I'd be scared to bump into him down a dark alley...

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I know Ronaldo has always wanted to play for Real Madrid but he really shouldn't leave Manchester United at the moment. They may have lost to Barcelona but there still in the top 2 teams in the world and Real Madrid are not the team they used to be....

Ribery to Chelsea is very possbile but I know many teams are interested in him but if Ronaldo does leave Man United then Ribery would be a suitable replacement for the winger.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Messi-Manchester-United-Barcelona-Champions-L_2311579.jpg

LOL @ Van Der Sar's face :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
So happy Barca won, even more so that it was United that lost. Bring on a load of bad jokes...although this time I won't say any...

Good game, Barcca deserved to win, they were very good.

Looking at some of the new kits for next year, got to say, if United's kits look like the ones I have seen, HAHAHAHA!!! New Everton kit is also pig ugly, the chavs' is just plain wierd with the Robo Cop armour stitching, and I'm not a fan of our new black and gold kit. Black is not a Liverpool colour and the kit overall just doesn't do it for me. It's not a bad kit but I just don't like it.

Still, better than the green Euro one this year...

Dave

CF Legend
Bad performance from England even if we've won 4-0. I think the first half we should've at least made some more interesting attacks, rather than banging long balls up the field.

But at least we didn't conceed, especially in the first minute.

Lain

Giga Poster
Kazakhstan only seem to know how to play for 45 minutes, they always switch off in the second half!

We didn't play too well, but a win's a win, and that's all that counts. Andorra should be a breeze on Wednesday, then we only need three points from the final three games, two of which are at Wembley. Good times!

Lain

Giga Poster
I was at the game at Wembley, I knew they went 1-0 up against Belarus before losing 5-1, and I was listening to last night's game.

Pfft on you. :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Gutted about England match. They won.

Call me what you will, but I can not stand England matches. For many years I have been a Spain fan, and not since Benitez took over at Liverpool, but even before that. England are depressing and embarasing to watch, I don't care what you say about Capello, England are no different and I couldn't give a damn what happens to them. And they wonder why there are so many foreigners in the Prem and so few English players.

Anyway, we are running out of time to solve our money problems. 5th richest club in the world, and a month away from administration and a 10 point deduction. The yanks have ballsed it up and lack the balls to admit it and pull out, and if I had a spare 5 grand I would join the fan group trying to buy us out and make it like Barcelona, who are run by the fans. Incidently, all they pay is 130 pound a year. To run the worlds best team, that is amazing vallue.

nealbie

CF Legend
I have noticed that you seem to talk some random rubbish at times mate, but this one's gone too far, please stop embarrassing my (our) club eh :wink:

We're at best 7th richest in the world, and what with this recent announcement of lots of bad debt from loans I'd put us outside the top 10 altogether!

Plus surely you can understand that selling as big a business (and one that is a very risky and volatile one such as a football club) cannot be done with just a click of your fingers. Negotiations take time, both sides have to come to agreements. I'm pretty damned sure the Yanks have a figure in mind, but they are going down the whole "we don't negotiate with terrorists" slant and wont budge in the slightest on what they want. Unless you find a very rich person whom wants to own a football club as a hobby they are not an attractive business proposition. Take 99% of football teams into Dragon's Den to try and sell a share and they'd probably laugh at you :lol:

Finally, you may have noticed, but Liverpool isn't exactly an affluent area. So a set up like they have in the cash rich Catalan Capital isn't really going to work in poor old deprived North West England kapeesh? :roll:

{fini}